Friday, October 30, 2015

Books Oct 16th through Oct 30th

I finally managed to finish listening to Under the Banner of Heaven . There was a lot in this book that were hard to listen to because of the brutality and profound disregard for human life. After that I was on the waitlist for most things I wanted to listen to so I started The Highlander Takes a Bride. Same as the others from this series....ok for what they are. By the time I finished listening to this one In Cold Blood was available so I started listening to it. I am probably one of the few people in the world who knows the story but has not actually read the book. Trying to remedy that I checked it out and have had to step away for a little bit. After how heavy Under the Banner was I just could not listen to more murders. Interestingly the narrator is the same for both books and that may be why it felt like too much for now. I stopped for a little bit and instead listened to Accidental Saints which I can not recommend enough! While I did not agree with all of her theology the book really spoke to me. I just finished it a couple of days ago and I am still digesting some of the information while listening to M Train by Patti Smith. Patti is always so deep and yet accessible.

Print books have not gone as quickly. I am determined to get them off my list so I keep reading! I finished Culture Crash last night. This is another that I recommend for a view into the current state of the arts community. It has definitely made me more aware of my own "cultural" patronage. I picked Gardening with Nature in Texas back up. It is never too early to start thinking about next springs yard projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment