Thursday, February 18, 2016

February Totals Thus Far and Menu


I ordered my first Bountiful Basket in a long time and added on the fondue pack which will give me more fruits and veggies. This was a $30.00 investment that should last the rest of the month. With this purchase and the Winco trips from last weekend my total is up to $161.70 for the month which puts me back under budget. The purchases for this weekend will finish out this month as the trip on the 27th will count into March.

Feb 10th: Can not remember

Feb 11th: Cooked a frozen pizza and made a garden salad to go with it.

Feb 12th: Pizza again, we were out late getting our taxes done.

Feb 13th: Grilled ribs, black beans and garden salad

Feb 14th: I used the leftover black beans and some flour tortillas with taco seasoned ground meat, grated cheese, lettuce and refried beans for tacos.

Feb 15th:  I made taco soup using the leftover black beans and taco meat. I added a couple of cans of beans, frozen corn and a packet of ranch dressing mix and cooked it on the stove as I forgot to put it in the slow cooker that morning.

Feb 16th:  I made crustless quiche to use up some eggs, ham and spinach I had on hand. I was not super thrilled with it because the spinach had a canned taste even though it was fresh. Could have just been me as Phillip ate all of it other than the bit I scooped out for me.

Feb 17th: The kids and I went to McDonald's as Phillip was meeting a friend who was passing through town for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment