Friday, February 12, 2016

I Am Too Old for This No Sleep Business

Admittedly I waited until I was older to have children which was honestly not planned but happened. This has led to many things that would not have happened had I been even 10 years younger.....like the mood I am in when I do not get sleep.

I am a 10 hour sleeper meaning if I let my body takes it's natural course I would wake up completely ready for the day after 10 hours. I have rarely been able to capitalize on this but getting 7-8 hours works also and keeps me going although a little slow in the morning. All of this is of course before the munchkins appeared in our lives. I feel lucky now if I can go 4 hours at a stretch and this last week it was 2 hours. Clark was having trouble breathing through his nose and this kept waking him up which of course meant I was up trying to soothe him and let him sleep upright on me. A week of this made me extremely testy and short with everyone. A friend told me of a study where researchers tested the scent babies put off and the reactions of adults. Evidently our reflex to sniff babies especially on the head awakens our protective responses.  This and them looking so darn cute especially when they are sleeping soothes the cranky mama!



No comments:

Post a Comment