Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Moving in the Right Direction and Some Misses

Saturday started out a little earlier than I had hoped and this time it was my fault. I needed to pick up my bountiful basket at 9:00 and meant to get up at 7:30 so I could get ready and get there on time. I accidentally set the alarm for 7:00 on a morning when even the kids were sleeping in! I laid there for a few minutes but Turbo heard the alarm and came to poke his nose on me and see if I was up. I went ahead and started the shower and let him out. By the time I got out of the shower Clark was awake running around. He and I went ahead and popped some biscuits in the oven for breakfast and continued getting ready. Once we had breakfast I headed out to pick up my basket.


After picking the basket up I headed to Winco to do some more shopping for this month and take advantage of some coupons and rebates I had.

Winco Trip:

1 container butter
1 gallon whole milk
1 pkg egg rolls
1 pkg shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pkg blue cheese
2 boxes snack cakes
2 boxes of fruit snacks
1 box popcorn
2 boxes cereal
2 cans refried beans
1 4-lb bag sugar
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 bag croutons
1 bottle teriyaki sauce
1 can shave gel
Dublin cherry limeade

Total: $26.07

I had $8.25 in rebates among the apps I have on my phone.  I am not subtracting these from the totals yet as I have not got them back yet. Almost all the apps require $20 in rebates before I can withdraw the money. 90% of the time I leave it in my paypal account to pay the Netflix and Hulu bills.

Total for Feb so far:  $187.77 so I have $12.23 left to make it till Saturday!

After leaving Winco I ran by the gas station as I forgot it was my week to buy our lottery tickets for the office pool. I made the purchase and text messaged everyone a picture of the tickets before heading home. Once I got the car unloaded and the  rebates loaded I chatted with Phillip.   Phillip went to work leveling out the area where the pond used to be and we are planning on putting a new deck while I got dinner into the slow cooker. Dinner was Tiny French Beans with Smoked Sausage , which I made a couple of changes to. I had navy beans so that is what I used and also used beef broth instead of chicken since that is what I most recently made. It smelled amazing through the day and actually tasted good. The only thing I would change is to cut the cook time a smidge as the beans got pretty soft. Then I got the kids ready to head out to the library and the park. This was a part of my New Year's Resolution I was trying to keep. Meaningful time with friends and as much time outside as possible for the boys. We went by the library and then picked up lunch at the Wendy's drive thru before heading to the park. I texted a friend to let her know we were there so she could come chat and bring her son to play with Logan. It did not completely go as planned. A friend from Logan's pre-k class last year showed up shortly after the text was sent and they played the whole time almost exclusively ignoring his other friend. I understand his inability to focus on more than one person at a time but it did not make the situation any better. We had to talk on the way home from the park about the situation and including all friends when playing. Clark on the other hand was just having a great time getting filthy and eating mulch.





Once we left the park we headed home and Clark went right back outside to play in the backyard.  He really needed a nap and he was filthy so I brought him in, gave him a bath and snuggled a little bit so he would go down for a nap. . I was going to immediately get started getting stuff ready for the Just Between Friends sale but I needed a rest so I sat on the couch for a little bit but knew there was stuff that needed to be done. I checked on Logan who had shut himself in his room thinking he would be asleep but he was just in there playing. I made him a couple of sandwiches and then got to work cleaning off the "craft" table. I have a bad habit of setting everything I need to deal with on this table and in order to tackle any project I have to first clean it off. Before Clark woke up I had managed to get the dishwasher loaded and the table cleaned off as well as the items I needed to put in the tagging system pulled out. Clark being awake spelled the end of that chore. It was ok as it was getting close to dinner time and we needed to work on the laundry.  The rest of the evening was spent on these items and then we all crashed!

Sunday morning was church and lunch with friends. Once we made it home Clark was asleep so I snuggled with Logan on the couch for a few minutes and then went to work getting the stuff put into the tagging system. 138 items later and I still had most of the clothes to go. By this time Clark was awake so I took him into their room with me and worked on cleaning out his closet while he played. We then went into the front room and sorted the clothes on the pool table by size, season( this is the spring sale so they will not take winter items), things that I can not sell because they are stained, and items I want to keep.
This is what the final stacks looked like. I put the stained items in a pile to find a different home and the winter stuff aside to start tagging for the next sale after I get the stuff delivered for this one. At this point I called it a night and started on dinner. I went with easy and not so healthy. After dinner it was baths and kitchen clean up. We managed to get all of this done early last night so I sat down to make a menu for the week with the hopes of not wasting any food this week. This is what it ended up looking like.

I really hope to stick with this menu and hope it cuts time and stress this week. A couple of the recipes are new and hope they are tasty so we can add them into the rotation.  After a quick vacuum of the kitchen, living room and hall I mopped them and then got the kids off to bed. It evidently rained last night but I had no knowledge of this as I was sleeping so hard.

2 things I forgot to mention! I had a trade for some of the produce I knew we would not eat for baby wipes which was completed Sunday afternoon.
The other item was I scored my first ever prize from a claw machine! Logan always wants to try the claw machine at Winco because it has stuffed dinosaurs in it and the couple of times he has tried he did not get one. I have also never been able to get anything out of one but this was my lucky day, I got a dinosaur on my first try! I think I was more excited to have something drop in the bin than he was when I came home with the dinosaur.
Now I need to win another one for Clark although he really just wants whatever Logan has, he does not understand that he is missing one.



No comments:

Post a Comment