Friday, February 12, 2016

Books Jan 30th Through Feb 12th


I finished listening to Wisdom of Our Fathers and it was a really, really good book. I recommend it but warn you it will make you cry! After that I listened to Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony which just made me angry. I followed the case at the time and the book just reinforced my belief that she got off with murder. Goodreads recommended the book her attorney wrote and I think I may read it just to see what he has to say. Once these were finished I started listening to a book on CD that has been on my currently reading list for a couple of years. Little Pink House is the story of Suzette Kelo and her neighbors who took their city and it's development board to the supreme court in an attempt to keep their homes. It has been really interesting and I should be able to complete it today. There is not another book on tape or mp3 in the wings waiting so I may have to hit up the library tomorrow.

In print I finished The Girls Who Went Away and just felt a sadness for this part of our history. Many girls who are now seniors and their children were profoundly affected by the way we treated them. Progress has been made but I think we could still do better and I hope we do.  That book was heavy so I chose a couple that were lighter after it. My yard is a huge project plan for me as I am trying to get it looking decent with native plants so I chose another gardening book next. The Shade Garden really was not the gardening book for my plans. It had some beautiful pictures and plans but it was not written with natives in my area in mind so I will not be buying it. After that I went back to The Great Beanie Baby Bubble and hope to finish it by tomorrow so I can get it turned in and off my list!

I am down to 27 books on my currently reading list now and feel like I can get them all knocked out in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment