Friday, January 19, 2018

Tackling The Resolutions


I really went full throttle tackling resolutions this year, at least #1 so far.  The #1 goal is to minimize our possessions, this really started as a way for me to limit the time I would need to spend cleaning up stuff.  It has continued because it is so calming to not have stuff coming out of every nook and cranny in the house. It helps the boys because all of their toys have a home and they know where they are. Of course we are not finished so not all of their toys have a home or fit where they should. I am letting them thin their own items as they want rather than just throwing their stuff away. In the past the pictures I am about to post would embarrass me but in the pursuit of truth on social media and honesty about what my world really looks like I am going to post them.


This is the original pile of stuff I culled from the house to get rid of. I had already started sorting this when I took this picture.


I sorted and hauled off 2 trunk loads to a thrift shop, gave 2 boxes to a charity offering beds to children in domestic violence situations. I sold some back to a local book store and dropped a bunch at a friend's who works with the homeless. I still have a bag of formals I want to donate to a charity helping with prom dresses for those who can not afford them and some work clothes from days when I had to wear business formal I want to donate to a charity getting people back into the workforce. There is a bag going to the farmer's market with me tomorrow I hope of old t-shirts with holes. One of the farmer's at the market turns them into reusable sacks for the produce. I have a sack that is going to the western wear resale shop and a ton went onto the trade page and offer up.

After tackling that stack I went after my project tower!


Each box represented a project I meant to get to but just had not yet. I started resorting and culling projects I was never going to get to.


This is the stack now. Most of the remaining boxes are paperwork and pictures that I need to deal with an will take more time. By the end of this year I want this all dealt with. I am not delusional thinking that I can get rid of all of these boxes but I want to pare it down to a "reasonable" amount. 







No comments:

Post a Comment