Monday, April 4, 2016

First Week of Pantry Challenge Light

So planning on starting another month of the pantry challenge was met with the need to restock on essentials. Saturday I picked up my co-op basket which I had added a hostess extra to.


Basket total: $36.50, I traded $6 worth of the produce that we were not going to eat for a jar of mayo, a box of dryer sheets and a container of oatmeal. 


In addition to this I went by Sprouts because I had (2) $5/$30 purchase coupons so I could stock up on some items we were out of like meat.

Sprouts Trip:

1lb strawberries
2 heads of garlic
~2&1/4 pounds of green grapes
~1&3/4 pounds sweet potatoes
1 bag potato chips
2 boxes snack grahams
1 bag veggie sticks
2 pkgs sliced cheddar cheese
2 pkgs pork chops
1 pork loin roast
2 pkgs ground beef
1 pkg chicken legs

Total: $34.76


Saturday was a crazy errand day which included a trip to the farmer's market and Target for diapers and groceries.

Farmer's Market:
1 wedge Granbury Gold Gouda from Eagle Mountain Cheese 

Total: $9.00


Target trip: ( groceries only)

1 pkg peeps
3 pkgs fruit snacks
1 head lettuce
3 jars store brand Nutella
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2 blocks cheese
~1/2 lb deli lunch meat
1 pkg raisins
2 pkgs dried cranberries
3 (1)lb pkgs ground beef
3 pkgs stew meat
2 dozen eggs
2 pkgs of yogurt tubes
2 pkgs Greek yogurt
1 pkg snack crackers
1 pkg deli sliced cheese
1 pound butter
2 cases diapers (largest boxes available)

Total: $97.19


After restocking this is what our menu looks like for this week.



This is what the week looked like:

Sun Mar 27th: Frozen Pizza

Mon Mar 28th: Baked potatoes, salad and garlic bread were on the menu. The potatoes in the past baskets have been rather small though so I decided to pull a trick my aunt and uncle used to make them go further. I washed and quartered the potatoes I had and then "baked" them in the microwave. I put some butter in the bowl and stirred them up to coat and then added cheese and bacon. I left the sour cream on the side since I tend to like a lot and most people do not. It turned out to be a pretty filling dinner.

Tue Mar 29th: Dinner with friends at Logan's favorite place Rosa's Cafe.

Wed Mar 30th:  I used the leftover spaghetti sauce  tossed a can of tomato sauce and cooked Penne pasta. I then covered that in shredded cheese and popped in the oven. As we were eating I was mad at myself for not throwing some mushrooms and spinach in there with the sauce.

Thur Mar 31st: Pork chops that I had cooked in the crock pot along with sauteed asparagus and mushrooms.

Fri Apr 1st: Biscuits and scrambled eggs

Sat Apr 2nd: Sandwiches







No comments:

Post a Comment