Thursday, April 21, 2016

Savings Accounts and Looking Toward May

Next week I will write out my May budget but that is not what sparked the plan I want to put in place. I received a rebate check in the mail over the weekend from one of my grocery apps. Normally I would put this money back in my checking account to put toward whatever bills I have coming up, to purchase more groceries or to just spend. Today as I looked at the check I made a different decision. I deposited the amount into our vacation account. I drove to Florida with Logan 4 years ago to visit my family and brought my mom back with me for a couple of weeks. Logan loved it so much that he kept asking when we could go to the beach again. I told him we would have to save up for it as we do not have the money to just drop and go. Since then I have put $5 a month in a vacation account which of course puts something away but it is not enough to go often. I want to take the boys next summer to see my family and so I decided for the next month that any rebates or extra money will go into the vacation account. I am hoping that will add enough with the monthly deposits to comfortably drive down there and see whatever we want to. After next month I may sock the money away into another account or go back to the current mode of operation.


As for other challenges  I will continue trying to use up items at home but not do any formal pantry challenge starting next week. Menu planning will continue as this has made my life infinitely easier especially during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment