Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day Off....Or Was It?

We changed dental plans once Phillip was eligible at his new job as it was much better than the plan I had for us. This and the fact I chipped a tooth made it necessary that I make dental appointments for the boys and I . Last Friday was the day I scheduled their appointments in the morning and mine in the afternoon so Thursday I made this list before I left work.



And this is what I actually got done....

Up with the boys at 8am
Cook cinnamon toast for breakfast per Logan's request
Run the dishwasher
Do a load of laundry
Get a shower
Look at the list to make sure I have what I need in the car
Try to get package ready to mail
Realize we need to leave in a couple of minutes for the boy's appts
Rush to dentist
Both boys are seen and it is much less painless than last visit. Get quote on work Logan needs done
Take boys to Mcdonald's for lunch as Logan has missed lunch time at school
Take them both to the sitter as it is nearly noon and Logan has missed most of the school day
Go by the house hang a load of laundry out on the line
Start another load in the washer
Eat my lunch since I did not order for me at McDonald's
Unload the dishwasher
Clean up the kitchen
Put lunch dishes in dishwasher
Finish getting stuff ready for the mail
Load up car with items from list
Head to post office
Ship items
Go to dentist, get cleaning, discuss need for crown on chipped tooth and wisdom teeth extraction
Plant sale
Complete trade set up through trade group
Not enough time to go to church
Head to Target to pick up diapers
Library to return books
Pick up boys
Winco for milk
Home , clean out car
Boys play outside


I will stop there as my evenings are well documented without another commentary. I just wanted to show what a day "off" from work for me and many other working moms looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment