Monday, April 25, 2016

Fourth Week of Pantry Challenge Light

I made a couple of stops to take advantage of sales this week

Winco Trip:
2 gallons milk
2 cans refried beans
2 boxes honey buns
1 pkg mini pepperoni
1 Dublin peach soda
1 quart strawberries


Total: $12.83

Sprouts Trip:
6 pints blackberries
1 eggplant
~1&1/2 lbs grapes
1 watermelon
3 ears corn
~4&1/4 lbs bananas
2 bags chips
~1/4 lb dried cranberries
~1/2 lb raisins
1 pkg breakfast steaks
1 rump roast
4 muffins
2 hoagie rolls

Total: $30.82

Totals for the month thus far:  $254.74

I managed to get the menu plan done fairly quickly this week.

This is what really happened:

Sun Apr 17th:  Slow Cooker Pork Roast served with corn on the cob

Mon Apr 18th: French Bread pizzas from this recipe. I was not a fan, it was overly bready which will surprise a lot of people as I like pan pizza. I will put this one on the do not make again list.

Tue Apr 19th: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake. I did use leftover pork instead of chicken.

Wed Apr 20th: Meatloaf "muffins" with a smidge of Velveeta in them and homemade mashed potatoes. 

Thur Apr 21st: I had some tortillas to use up so I went with pork soft tacos

Fri Apr 22nd: Used up the last of the pork in a pot pie

Sat Apr 23rd: Bean burritos to use up more tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment