Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Third Week of the Pantry Light Challenge

Friday trips to Target and Winco

Target trip:

1 case diapers
1 bottle dish soap
1 pkg wipes
1 pkg pork chops
1 whole chicken
1 20oz rootbeer

Total: $28.18

Winco trip:
1 loaf french bread
2 cans refried beans
3 dog bones
1 loaf bread
2 quarts beef broth
6 pack of Mike's hard peach lemonade
a few gummy fish for Logan
1 box of cheese and peanut butter crackers
1 quart blueberries
2 gallons milk

Total: $22.84

SubTotal: $231.09

Rebate Amount: $20.00

Total for Month ( as of 4-8-16): $211.09

This week started off with no meal plan. I never made one out on Sunday and the meals on Sunday and Monday reflect that. I was winging it without feeling it so we ate bad.



What the week really looked like:

Sun Apr 10th: Nachos using up some refried black beans I opened on accident when making the chicken enchilada rice casserole last week.

Mon Apr 11th: lacking inspiration and nothing in the fridge calling my name I went with the eggrolls and dumplings I had in the freezer. I added a stir fry using up some broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and snow peas I had on hand.

Tue Apr 12th: I am taking the kids to Chick-Fil-A tonight for a planting event they are having.

Wed Apr 13th: Cheesesteaks, these were really good and will definitely go into regular rotation.

Thur Apr 14th:  Grilled ribs served with skillet scalloped potatoes. The potatoes were really not great, they were just ok. The sauce was a little thin and anemic looking. I will probably use a different recipe if I ever make these again. 

Fri Apr 15th: Chicken alfredo pasta using some pre cooked fajita chicken I had in the freezer along with some dried mushrooms I put up.

Sat Apr 16th: BBQ little smokies with black beans and steamed rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment