Monday, May 23, 2016

3rd Week of May Meal Plan

I am knocking on wood before I type this, ok now I am good. This week has gone a lot smoother than last week at least on the meal front. The boys have been a bit fussy but that was due to a lack of sleep. They have been playing hard outside and inside over the last couple of days and have just been worn out.  Here is the meal plan for this week:









And this is what actually happened:

Sun  May 15th: Grilled Hot Dogs served with fresh corn on the cob

Mon May 16th: This dinner was amazing.... Grilled pork ribs covered in a dry rub served with Alton Brown's Roasted Broccoli and BBQ Apple Crisp.

Tue May 17th: Was mostly good. Pancakes with bacon and eggs. The boys wanted refried beans for some reason so their supper came with a side of beans. The eggs were not all that good as I put the end of some Italian blend cheese in them and it just gave it an off taste.

Wed May 18th: Another amazing dinner. I made Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara served with buttered bread in my case. Roasting the asparagus and mushrooms gives it an amazing flavor. I did not have any fresh mushrooms so I set some dehydrated ones on to soak while I did some other stuff before dinner and they rehydrated enough that you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Thur May 19th: Cuban Black Bean and Rice Bowls which we actually ended up eating as tacos.  I used  the the leftover pork from earlier in the week sliced thin and warmed on the stove with a squeeze of orange juice.

Fri May 20th:  Crock Pot Paprika chicken legs served with paremsan garlic asparagus. I was going to make lemon asparagus but I used my last lemon earlier in the week so I had to adapt. I pan seared the asparagus with a little butter, olive oil and garlic. Once it was done I sprinkled the parmesan over it.
I also made a pan of brownies just because I wanted them!

Sat May 21st: Flanken ribs grilled and served with Creamy Broccoli-Bacon Bake which I thought was tasty but Phillip skipped eating. I was able to use up all the leftover bacon on this recipe.

















 





No comments:

Post a Comment