Monday, May 2, 2016

First Week with Just a Menu Plan and April Totals

I did a bit of grocery shopping last week which I am not completely happy about. One of the trips was strictly to try to get some cash over which did not work out and left me in tears in the parking lot.
Background on that incident is that my debit card was used fraudulently and so I called to have it shut off. It took 7 days to get a new debit card and my bank is not local so I have no branches to go to in order to cash a check. I was able to write a check at most places but not restaurants or gas stations. I was running on fumes when I tried to get cash over at the grocery store and was told the processor of checks would not let me because I did not have a check writing history.....duh because I usually use my debit card. Anyway the situation left me in tears trying to figure out how to get gas. I honestly called Phillip and used his debit card as we keep separate accounts. Learned my lesson to at least sock away a few dollars cash for an emergency.

Winco Trip #1

1 gallon milk
1 box honey buns
1 bag donuts
1 bottle baby bath wash ( the real reason I went in)
~1&1/4 lbs bananas
2 loaves bread
2 lbs strawberries

Total $11.16

Kroger Trip: ( this is the one I ended up crying on)

1 box yogurt singles
1 Dublin peach soda
1 lb mushrooms
1 pkg shredded carrots
1 pkg celery hearts
1 peach pie
1 pkg 4 heads of lettuce

Total $10.27

Winco Trip #2

1 donut
1 clearance chocolate rabbit
1 bag chips
1 pkg pasta
1 Dublin peach soda

Total $3.93
Grand Total for April $ 280.10


Sun Apr 24th: Spaghetti with garlic toast

Mon Apr 25th: I made this pork chop recipe. When I got home and started knocking out chores I realized I wanted rice as a side instead of a side salad and carrots. 

Tue Apr 26th: Pigs in a blanket with roasted potatoes

Wed Apr 27th: Baked spaghetti using the leftover noodles and leftover sauce from Sunday. I added a can of tomato sauce and fresh mushrooms, mixed it all up and topped with cheese. Phillip still added some parmesan to his. Served with garlic toast.

Thur Apr 28th: I kept with the plan and made a pork stir fry using leftover pork chops

Fri Apr 29th: We ended up not going out to eat I baked a chicken and served it with this One pot Mushroom Rice which was amazing.

Sat Apr 30th: We spent the day in Canton with the boys and grabbed What-A-Burger on the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment