Friday, May 6, 2016

Starting May Off On the Right Foot, Hopefully


I continue to attempt "challenges" in the hopes of changing my habits. The saying is if you do or do not do something for 30 days it will become habit. I have found the pantry challenge ended a lot of my need to buy items from the grocery store just because I wanted to shop. I noticed I have an easier time heading for what I need, checking out sales and making decisions based on need not just price. I admit that I do still stockpile sale items but only if I know I will use them in a reasonable amount of time. This month I am challenging myself to use up a lot of the condiments that are clogging up the door of my refrigerator without replacing them yet.

I see an immediate change in my focus when the grocery store is not a replacement for lost shopping opportunities. Over the last couple of weeks I have been able to work on our yard each evening and get more accomplished than I think I did all of last year. Now avoiding the grocery store does not account for all the time spent outside but between having a meal plan and avoiding stores I do have more time to be outside with the boys.

This month's shopping thus far ( which I hope is nearly all of it)

Kroger Trip:

1 Dublin soda
1 loaf Velveeta
1 pkg toilet paper
1 pkg sliced ham
1 pkg mushrooms
1 lemon pie
5 pkgs (1&1/2 lbs each ) bacon ( it was on clearance for a price I could not pass up)

Total: $26.85

Sprouts Trip:

~1&1/4lbs fresh green beans
4 pints blueberries
2 watermelons
9  pints yogurt
~1/4 dark chocolate raisins
~1/2 lb gummi bears
~1/4 lb gummi worms
1 whole chicken
4 muffins

Total: $25.17

Winco Trip:
2 gallons milk
1 case Dr Pepper
1 case powerade
3 gallons apple juice
12 containers muscle milk for Phillip
1 half gallon of cranberry juice
~1/4 lb peppered turkey lunch meat
1 pkg shredded cheese
~1/2  lb ham
1 pkg sliced cheese
~1/2 lb flank steak
1 half gallon orange juice
1 large container Nutella
1 Dublin bottling works root beer
3 Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
3 boxes honey buns
1 box instant oatmeal
2 boxes fruit snacks
2 pkgs pepperoni
1 pkg bacon pieces
1 pkg chorizo
1 pkg mini boxes of raisins
1 lb strawberries
~2 lbs bananas
~1/2 lb penne pasta
~3/4 lb pasta shells
1 lb peanut butter
1 pkg chips
~3/4lbs sunflower seeds shelled
~1/4lb dried mixed fruit
~1/2 lb raisins
~1/3 lb raw sugar
~1/2 lb dried cranberries
~1/3 lb dog biscuits
~1&1/4 lbs pancake mix
1 kitchen gloves
1 wetwipes
1 watermelon
2 packets marinade
1 spice blend
1 CLR mildew cleaner
1 pkg tostada shells
1 pkg snack size chips
3 loaves bread

Total: $116.72

Rebate $5.80
Subtotal for the month:  $162.94




No comments:

Post a Comment