Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Trying Another New Habit

I know I have been trying to cultivate a ton of new habits lately and here is yet another one. I have found the meal plan habit to make my life a ton easier during the week. This habit I hope brings joy to others in my life and consequently make me happier. Over the weekend I read a book about someone trying to turn his mood around by writing 365 thank you notes over the course of a year.  This inspired me to pick back up a resolution I had made a few years ago which fits in with one I made this year.  A few years ago I made a resolution to write more letters but never followed through on it and this year I resolved to deepen my friendships by not having distracted interactions.  Rather than write just thank you notes I decided to move through my address book in alphabetical order and send everyone a personal note/letter.  I started on the project yesterday and as I only had one person whose last name starts with an "A" today I moved to the "B"s. Last night when I was thumbing through my address book I laid some ground rules. I am only sending notes to people I know personally. I send Christmas cards each year to some friends of Phillip's from school who I do not have a personal relationship with. A personal letter from me would be trite and full of half truths which would serve no purpose for them or for me.

Through this project I hope to get in the habit of sending letters and notes to the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment