Monday, May 16, 2016

Second Week of May's Menu

I have not started this post until now Friday because this week seems to have fallen apart. I will start with the grocery shopping from this week and then head into the menu...you will be able to see for yourself how things went haywire.

Winco Trip:

1lb strawberries
3 (4)packs of muscle milk
2 gallons milk
1 men's shave gel
1 box apple cinnamon oatmeal
1 pkg craisins
1 spice rub
1 moonpie
2 pkgs marinade
2 pks flanken style ribs

Total: $42.89

Mrs. Baird's bread store

1 pkg bagels
3 loaves of bread
2 bags chocolate donuts
5 snack cakes

Total: $7.44


Target Trip:

1pkg ranch seasoning

Total: $1.42

Winco Trip:

2 gallons milk
1 box apple cinnamon oatmeal
~2&1/2 lbs bananas
1 loaf bread

Total: $6.66

Rebates: $21.33
Subtotal: $37.08
Total for month: $200.02


After all of that the meal plan looked like







What the week really looked like :

Sun  May 8th:  flank steak in the crock pot  served with steamed corn and a side salad. The steak was sooo salty I could not eat it

Mon May 9th: tostados

Tue May 10th:  I took the leftover ground beef from Monday night, the leftover corn from Sunday and leftover black beans from last week and put them in the crockpot. I added canned pinto beans and rotel to turn it into taco soup. By the time I got home  it was almost completely dried out. I tried to salvage it by getting the leftover refried beans from Monday night and putting that and the stuff from the crock pot on chips, covering that with cheese and serving them as nachos.

Wed May 11th:  roast from the crockpot that I had used a burbon brown sugar rub on. It was decent, not the best I have ever had. I served this with mashed sweet potatoes

Thur May 12th: strogonoff using up all the fresh mushrooms I had on hand as well as the leftover roast

Fri May 13th: Pinto beans with some leftover bacon in the crockpot  cooked all day and then was served with homemade cornbread 

Sat May 14th: I used the leftover beans, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce as well as some spices to make chili

It was as if I could just not catch a break. Both kids had a turn with the stomach virus which meant a lot of washing sheets, towels and my car. Dinners falling apart was just really disheartening but I think we are past it all now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment