Tuesday, May 10, 2016

First Week Of May's Menu

This is what my menu looked like when I knocked it out at the beginning of the week.






It did not take long before things had to change. I placed an order with Home Chef based on a friend's recommendation but when making the menu I put it down a day earlier than it was actually scheduled to be delivered. I moved a meal from later in the week to Tuesday and moved everything else down.

Sun  May 1st: Baked potatoes and salad. I had a baked sweet potatoes and Phillip a baked Idaho.

Mon Sun 2nd: Chicken Gnocchi Soup with garlic bread

Tue May 3rd: Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole. I will start with I have made this one before with a lot of success, Tuesday night was not a repeat performance. The goal was to half the recipe but part way through I think this slipped my mind and it ended up with way too much liquid in it.

Wed May 4th: This was night 1 of my home chef meals. Cinco De Mayo Beef Fajitas were on deck and yes I realize I made them on May the 4th not the 5th.  I thought these were easy to prepare and tasty, Phillip thought they were ok not the best he had ever had. The portion sizes are really generous also. These were advertised to feed 2, Phillip and I both ate a little more than we would normally as well as fed Clark some. I then brought enough to work for 2 lunches.

Thur May 5th:  2nd night of HomeChef. Chicken and Garlic Peanut Sauce was up and like the night before was fairly easy to prepare. I liked it tossed with a little sauce and then just a touch extra drizzled on mine. Phillip did not drizzle his and thought it was a bit bland. He added some soy sauce and was good. Again the portion size was generous.

Fri May 6th:Bacon and pancakes. I am bearing the scars of this meal as I was popped by the grease.

Sat May 7th: Grilled ribs with steamed corn and a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment