Thursday, June 9, 2016

Front Yard Projects Underway Including Dinosaur and Gnome Gardens.

I finally got underway with a front flower bed project that I have talked about for years.  About 10 years or more ago I started planting English Ivy and hoped it would cover the very shaded front yard. This partially worked but I was tired of the way it looked and the bare spots that would never end up covered with ivy.  This frustration and need for a place to be in the front yard so the kids could play led to the new make over. I did not think to get before pictures of everything but will post the ones I did take.

First project:





Only before shot of the area
The boys bought me this gnome for my birthday


Phillip picked this rock up from someone who was trashing it. 
I still need to work on this area but needed to clean up a spot in the backyard to move some of the existing plants back there. During this limbo time as I wait on Phillip to finish the deck and screened porch before I can move the plants I started other front yard projects.

This is the before of the area under current renovation 
"helpers"







It needed footprints

It was getting dark so I had to quit
This was over multiple evenings as we had the time to work on it. Last night I started on cleaning up the back yard areas so I can transplant some stuff and then finish up the front beds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment