Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Menu for the 4th Week of June

I made a decision this week to go ahead and post at the beginning of the week and then just edit it with updates instead of waiting until the end of the week.

I made a menu up yesterday and then scrapped it and started over. Below is the plan, we shall see how it goes.



Sun June 26th:  homemade shells and cheese.

Mon Jun 27th:
lunch- plain bagel with turkey and cheese. A banana and a peach.
dinner- smoked sausage and corn on the cob

Tue Jun 28th:
lunch- last plain bagel with turkey and cheese. A banana and a peach
dinner- tostadas

Wed Jun 29th:
lunch- out to eat with friends and coworkers
dinner- after some extended family drama I took the boys and a friend to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. I had a whole chicken in the crock pot so I just deboned it when we came home and put the meat away for meals later this week. I started some stock right away.

Thur Jun 30th:
lunch- went out to eat with coworker
dinner- Jolean's Cheese, Potato and Smoked Sausage Casserole using up leftover smoked sausage and some of the potatoes I bought through the co-op.

Fri Jul 1st:
lunch- annual cook out at work
dinner-Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne dish which turned out to not be good. It started out looking and smelling wonderful but ended up tasting not great.

Sat Jul 2nd: I put the leftover ground beef from Tuesday and the leftover half can of tomatoes from Friday in the crockpot along with canned pinto, kidney and black beans and corn I took off the cob for taco soup. I used a Zesty Ranch packet instead of both a ranch packet and taco seasoning. That along with a can of mild Ro-tel and the soup was still spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment