Monday, April 20, 2015

A day off work in the life of a working mom

I took Friday off work due to an appointment in the morning and one in the afternoon I needed to take care of. Originally I actually planned on coming back to work but the afternoon appointment was the dentist and I am glad I did not come to work! Sooo, I knew this would be a rare chance to get as much done in a day without kids and during the week so less general public out. I dropped Logan at school and then registered him for kindergarten. It was supposed to be a simple prove your address registration since he already attends the school but oh no it turned into a half hour of paperwork. I finished there and then ran back by the house for breakfast and to brush my teeth. I watched a TED talk while eating a bowl of cereal. After leaving the house for the second time I went to check what it would cost to fix my eyeglasses or if the scratches could be buffed out. I need them to drive at night and one of the lenses is pretty scratched up. It turns out they can not be buffed out and I did not want to pay for the new lenses right now. In October my vision insurance will pay for another pair so I think I will get this pair fixed and pick up another pair in October as a spare. While there I ran into someone I know so I chatted with him until he was called in for his appointment. After the eyeglass place I went by a new thrift store to look for summer jammies for the tiny one and check out pants for myself. It was a nice thrift store which I will return to but I did not have a ton of time to go through. After leaving the thrift store I went to my WIC appointment which turned out not to take long at all. I had to show proof of income and that I had taken an on line parenting class. Evidently if you are poor you do not know anything about parenting. After this appointment and scheduling another one I hit up the Goodwill right by the WIC office. Still on the hunt for summer jammies I found 1 pair and this awesome lunchbox for $1.19.
I did not really need it but I love gnomes and for $1.19 I decided to go for it. Talked to Phillip while at the store since he took the tiny one to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection so they were calling in an antibiotic for him and since I was close to the Target it was called into I headed over there to pick it up. On the way to Target I got gas, then the medicine. After leaving Target with the meds I headed to the local kids resale shop to see what she had which was nothing that would fit the tiny one. I then got some lunch and started toward the dentist. I was at the dentist a bit getting the first cleaning I have had in 22 years. After leaving there I was still numb, it took 5 hours for the numbness to wear off in case you are planning on some dental work. I called Phillip on the way home and he had already been by to pick up Logan from school so I decided on a couple more errands. I went by Home Depot to pick up some lawn bags because it was across the street from the Mrs. Baird's bread outlet. I picked up some bagels and a couple loaves of bread and then headed by the goodwill closest to my house to make a donation and run through to see about jammies again. I scored one more pair for him and a couple of books for Logan. I had a $10 off coupon so I got out of there with those items and some pajamas for me free of charge. Then to the house I went!  After hanging with the kids for a bit I had them help me clean up and vacuum their room. Dinner was beef soft tacos for us and sweet potatoes with cereal for the tiny one. After baths which were a bit early we worked on cleaning up the kitchen and then going to sleep! I tried this pinterest idea since the tiny one is too big for the sink anymore and it worked great.
It was amazing to me how much I could squeeze into a day when I knew it was the only kid free day I was going to have in a very long time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment