Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spring in Texas, Tornados and Bluebonnets

A sure signal that it is spring in Texas....storm season bringing tornadoes and pictures in the bluebonnets. Phillip took the boys out after school and in between rain storms to get pictures in the bluebonnets. This is my favorite picture they took even though they are not looking at the camera or even each other!

Phillip took his childhood rocking chair out to get a picture with the boys and the chair, this one tells the story.

I promise there were actually photos where they are looking and not annoying each other but I think these tell more of a story.

Storms also mark spring here and this year we have had more than a few. The rain was really needed as we have been in a multiple year drought and the lakes have been nearing empty. It has been a mixed bag for my electric bill. The cooler temperatures and nights without electric have made my bill lower, it has prevented me from hanging out my laundry though which usually saves me quite a bit of money. We will see what the bill looks like when it comes next month. I need to go on the website and check as the electric company used to email me a weekly summary telling me how much I used that week. The email has not come in quite some time and I am interested to see what the weather has done to my usage.

Ok, on to dinner news from last night. I cooked one of the steaks in my cast iron pan on the stovetop in herb butter. This was served with baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar and a green salad. I had boiled egg, raisins ( I dried), grated cheese, and croutons on my salad.

I took a picture of the steak but not the whole meal....was hungry once it was completed and could not resist digging in. There were no leftovers so nothing to "make" over tonight from that meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment