Friday, April 24, 2015

Non-Traditional

The more and more I read books by authors who had a blog experiment the more and more I feel inferior in some respects. I am not an author or writer or someone who is devoting my life or one year to an experiment. This is not a social experiment for me or a way to make the world a better place. This is really a sounding board and a way to stay accountable for the life I have been dealt and need to navigate. Being environmental is really important to me and I have tried to cut out most of our processed foods although I admit that Velveeta will forever have a place in our kitchen. Cutting plastics, recycling and reusing objects is something that I am passionate about and you will frequently see on here but it is not something I feel like I am an expert on. I certainly do not feel like I have the qualifications to tell anyone else how to live their lives.

With all of that out there I will just continue to share my life on here. As of now I want to share the "recipe" for the homemade shower cleaner I use. This is super easy to make, inexpensive and works great. I usually trade for these ingredients and since this uses a small amount of each they last for quite a long time. The "recipe" is 24 ounces of water, 4 ounces of peroxide, 4 ounces of alcohol, 1 tablespoon dawn dish soap, 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Mix lightly and then pour into a spray bottle. I keep it hanging on our shower door so I can spray it down as soon as I get out of the shower. Wanted to share this because I used up the last of ours this morning and will need to make some tonight.

I also want to make these Banana Nutella Cookies  tonight as I have a couple Nutella containers with a dab in them that I do not want to waste and some overripe bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment