Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Grocery Store and Great Recipe

Calling home on the way there last night I was informed that we needed formula for the tiny one so I had to run by the store. There was 1 can left on the WIC card so I picked that up as well as a couple more with coupons and rebate checks. I also found a package of diapers on the clearance rack for $4.29 and I had a $3.00 off coupon.
After this I went home and fixed dinner using the leftover smoked sausage. The recipe I settled on was Smoked Sausage & Rice Skillet with Sweet Peppers. Of course I made some changes to the recipe to fit ingredients I had on hand. Instead of using sweet peppers I chopped up the rest of the fresh broccoli I had from my produce haul and added a chopped carrot. The overabundance of veggies made up for the fact I also did not have a pound of sausage left over. This was a really good dish that was easy to throw together. We went through the usual evening routines after dinner...baths, play time, reading and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment