Thursday, April 16, 2015

Try blogging while performing other tasks!

I am trying to squeeze in this post while at work which is turning out to be harder than I thought. Normally there is down time at lunch and early in the day but no so today. I ended up meeting friends for lunch so there was no down time to get this going. Lunch with friends was therapeutic though so I can not be upset about that. Work has some beautiful picnic spots and I have convinced some friends to start meeting for lunch at different spots. This of course is a great help to the budget and my well being. I absolutely love being outside as much as possible when the weather is nice.

Down to the nitty gritty of this week so far though. Sunday I skipped church and stayed home with the tiny one. He has some allergy issues that may have gone to his chest  so we just hung out around the house and blanched veggies from the basket for the freezer. Phillip and Logan went to church and had a good time with the pastor's family. Logan was disappointed that he could not stay and play with his friend Loralee since it was a school night. After the tiny one went back down for a nap I took off to run some errands. I picked up some books another BBT member was donating to our little free libraries at work. I have put most of them out but still a few rolling around in the trunk. I left there and went to trade some tp (toilet paper) for some capri pants that I can wear to work this summer. Final stop was Kroger to pick up a couple of items. I will upload receipts when I get home and work on the totals. This trip required a return trip though as the checker over charged me for a couple of items. Phillip was not super hungry at dinner time as they were taken out to lunch by an amazing man at our church! Uncle Joe footed the bill at Taco Cabana so they could visit and Logan could have his favorite thing, beans. Dinner on Sunday ended up being a free for all.  Monday night I used some mushrooms, carrots, snow peas and broccoli as well as the leftover brisket from Phillip's lunch to make a stir fry and served this over rice. It was really tasty and we ended up with no stir fry left! Tuesday night I picked up the kid's from the sitter and we headed home. I ended up making a chicken pot pie using up the leftover ranch cheddar chicken, corn and green beans from Saturday's dinner. I mixed in some chopped up carrots, mushrooms and a carton of organic cream of mushroom with garlic soup, threw that all in the casserole dish and topped with some crescent rolls with the seams squished together. It was also yummy although a bit heavy on the garlic. Last night the boys were all out meeting a proctor for an exam so I ran a couple of errands which included getting the refund on the over charged items.  I also sold some of the veggies that we were not going to eat so there was a bit of a refund there.

No comments:

Post a Comment