Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Behind as Always....This Past Weekend and Not Catching Up

I was feeling accomplished for a couple of weeks, like I was really getting caught up and maybe ahead of the game. Now that I look around my house and yard at all the things that need to be done I feel discouraged. For every "project" I get through another is there waiting and something else gets added to the list.

Anyway, Friday was a normal evening even if I did not get everything done.  I stopped at Target on the way home as Phillip said we were out of juice and cheese. Those 2 items are essential to the peaceful running of the home so I stopped for them.
 Target Trip:
2 fruit snacks
2 bottles juice
1 loaf garlic bread
3 boxes of brownie mix( on clearance and I could not pass up)
1 pkg chicken
2 t-shirts
3 pkgs sliced cheese
Total:  $18.24SNAP
           $10.88 Cash

I used the ham to make homemade pizzas. I had a crust in the cabinet and some pizza sauce in the freezer. I put mushrooms on about 1/3 of it since I really like them.  After wrangling the children through baths and picking up after them I tried to get all the stuff together that we would need for our errands on Saturday.

Saturday morning Phillip got out of the house early hoping to beat as much of the heat as possible since we are topping 106 here. This left me getting the kids up and out of the house for our list of things to do and people to see. The first thing on our list was the build and grow at Lowe's which despite my wishes to take it home and have dada help him Logan insisted on building it there. We got it together with minimal interference from Clark but it wears me out. After leaving there we went by the library to turn in some books and check out some more. After leaving the library with our haul we went to set up for our monthly charity drop off. We usually sit for an hour but of course partially through this time Logan had to potty so I sent out a message and then went to Chick-fil-a with the kids. He used the restroom and washed his hands, this I know because he insists  I smell them so I know they are clean. We ate and Logan played while I corraled Clark.  Before leaving Chick-fil-a  I sent Max's mommy a message to see if they could play. She sent me a message back that sure they could play later in the afternoon so we went to Winco to waste time. After Winco which turned into Clark's nap time we headed home to put up the food and wait to hear from Caren (Max's mommy).

Winco Trip:
2 pkgs toilet paper
3 cans refried beans
1 bottle teriyaki sauce
1 bottle soy sauce
1 doggie bone
5 containers yogurt
1 bottle ketchup
1 bottle vinegar
2 pkgs chex mix
2 pkgs pepperoni
2 pkgs cinnamon rolls
1 pkg fresh spinach
.20 lbs swedish fish

Total: $19.10 SNAP
          $9.27 Cash

After getting the groceries put up and the receipts loaded into my apps I got some laundry going and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. The older child wanted to watch some TV and so I went around trying to pick up stuff with the little one. After the laundry was done in the washer I threw it in the basket and did a second small load. These then went out onto the clothes line. Even though it was getting later in the day it is soo hot right now here that they had no trouble drying. By this time I had called Phillip to make sure he had not died from heat stroke. His first response was if you were just checking on me after this long I would have died. To which I responded if I called earlier by the time I drove the hour to make sure you were ok and just not answering because the weed eater is too loud you would have been dead anyway. Loving exchanges there. I also heard from Caren so we loaded up and went over to play with Max. Logan and Max played up a storm while Caren and I visited in between telling Clark no do not touch that, no that is not food, no you can not go in there so relaxing in other words. Once Max's other mommy got home from work with dinner we cleaned up and headed out. Once home I wanted a salad because of the spinach I had purchased earlier and the leftover garlic bread still in the wrapper so I went with grilled chicken which I marinated in zesty Italian dressing with a salad and garlic bread. It was really a great dinner and super easy to pull off. After dinner was baths and bringing in the clothes from the line. Clark was so exhausted from his day that he passed out almost as soon as I turned the lights off. Logan also fell asleep as soon as I made him lay down.

Sunday we were up a little later than normal but still early enough for me to fix some biscuits for breakfast. So Phillip and I got our showers, had breakfast and got everyone out the door for church. Phillip's mom and grandma were at church which was nice for the boys. After church Logan's friend could not go out to eat so we skipped McDonald's and ate with mom and grandma (nene and mimi to the boys) at Taco Cabana. After visiting with them we headed home with both boys falling asleep in the car. I was hoping they would stay asleep but needless to say they woke up as soon as we got home. I needed to get the grocery donations to the family in need so I loaded up the car with those items and lists/coupons for back to school shopping at Target. Sunday was the last day of the tax free weekend and I wanted to take advantage of that along with other sales and coupons that I had. The boys and I left the house and stopped at Sprouts on the way to pick up a couple more items for the family. I also found a large bottle of Dr. Bronner's rose scented castile soap on clearance so I picked that up also.

Sprouts trip:
1 bottle castile soap: $8.97

After leaving Sprouts we headed to the family's house and they met me at the car so I could leave the air running for the kids and hauled everything in. I pulled back onto the highway to head to Target, as soon as we hit the highway Clark started throwing up the milk I had just given him and he kept throwing up and screaming because he was throwing up. It coated him and the carseat with some of it going on the back of the car. I drove as quick as I could home but it was not all that quick since we were across town. Got home, took him in and stripped him. Once I got him in the bath tub and Logan was there telling him it was going to be ok I started taking his carseat apart so I could wash it. While doing this he started screaming again and Logan the obvious points out he has just pooped in the bathtub....some easily scooped out and some that had to be cleaned out. This has to be remedied which at this moment was to just let the water out and bathe him in another location until I can wash the tub. Once he was clean and settled down Logan and I headed out on our own to shop at Target. It started out ok as I got him a pretzel and he was picking out supplies. It went down hill toward the end when I was trying to finish up. We got checked out despite him going mama 400 million times . Because I was distracted and the totals were not what I thought they should be I stopped close to the customer service desk at a counter and went through the receipt. As I thought I was mischarged for 4 items so I started to get into line for a refund but it was sooo long and by now it was late in the evening and I was exhausted so I just said screw it and I am going to take the items back. Once we were out to the car and I was loading the stuff into the trunk Logan asks me where his map is....my response is I do not know you were holding it. Needless to say he set it down in the store and left it. By now I had no more patience left and I was asking him why he could not keep up with things? Was it not important enough to him? This of course caused people passing by me in the parking lot to look at me like I was an abuser. We went back in the store against my initial judgement and found it sitting on the counter where I stopped to look over the receipt. I let customer service know we were not stealing it that I had bought it earlier and he left it on the counter. We then discussed not buying him anything because he can not keep up with stuff but I know that went in one ear and out the other. By the time we got home Clark was asleep so we unloaded quietly and got the receipts put into the apps. I them loaded the items I was mischarged for up and put them back in my car.

Target Trip:
2 Cases of diapers
1 pkg baby hangers
1 pkg dishwasher detergent
2 bottles dish soap
2 uniform shirts
1 pkg cookies
2 pkgs fruit snacks
2 bottles juice
1 pkg hot dogs
2 jars Nutella
1 pkg rice
1 box cereal
2 loaves bread
4 pkgs dried cranberries
~ lbs bananas
1 gallon milk
2 sticks deodorant
5 notebooks
1 pkg markers
1 world map
1 pkg tape
1 bottle liquid glue
1 pkg glue sticks
1 pair scissors
1 bottle shampoo
1 bottle baby shampoo
1 pkg printer paper
1 pkg construction paper
1 pkg envelopes
Total:   $2.12SNAP
            $107.71 Cash

Because we were being quiet dinner was sandwiches and then I had to clean the tub for real. I put all the toys in the kitchen sink so they could go through the dishwasher and then scrubbed the tub for Logan so he could get his bath. While he was getting his I checked on some ebay items I had ending and then set him up on our bed with my phone while I got a shower to wash the day away. He fell asleep pretty quickly but despite being exhausted I could not go to sleep. Monday was killer.

the weekend's rebates pushed me over on some apps and I was able to request $30.00 to my account. I also had one sale on ebay but it was a small item and will not net me a whole lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment