Thursday, August 27, 2015

Updates On Logan and The New School Year

I forgot to update on Logan with the last post. This is the picture I took of him on Friday morning before I came into work
When I got home the swelling was gone, Phillip had dosed him with benadryl but over the weekend he started breaking out with what appeared to be bug bites. They started under his arms and then progressed to his trunk and by Monday they were on his feet. All the research I did came up with Hot Tub Rash. Everything seems to be gone now and he never felt bad from it so I really think it was just the hot tub rash.

Monday morning was Logan's first day of Kindergarten! He told me when we were shopping for his supplies the kindergarten was scary and when I asked him why he said because he did not know anyone. We talked about some of the kids from his pre-k might be in his class but that it would be a chance to make new friends and learn new things. I got up and got myself ready and then woke Logan up. He was up and ready quickly so we left home in plenty of time to get to the school and walk in. There were only 8 of the 22 students there when I left.
1st day pic before we left home

1st day at the school, he wanted one with his backpack
This year was a little harder for me than last year and I am not sure why. He wanted me to stay with him and was not talking to anyone but eventually I ducked out. After dropping him off I had 1&1/2 hours until my annual doctor's appointment so I went by Winco and picked up a couple of items that we needed. Phillip was afraid if I came back home Clark would not be happy with me leaving again in short order so I just dropped the stuff on the porch and called Phillip to tell him it was there. I also saw the ARC donation pick up truck pulling into the neighborhood and then remembered I forgot to set our donation out. I called Phillip and asked him to set it out which he did. Then it was on to my annual which ended up being depressing. I was told by the nurse that since I have turned 40 it was now time to start having rectal exams and a mammogram. After that huge let down which I am still not over I had to meet Phillip in the next town for his interview. He was on his 3rd interview with an agency and they had requested to speak with his wife also. They just wanted to make sure I was aware of what the job entailed, travel, nights, etc. These are things that we had already discussed so nothing huge. Once we finished there it was during my lunch hour from work so we brought Clark up to visit with the peeps at my work. Phillip took Clark home and I worked the second half of the day. I did call home after Phillip picked up Logan to check on how school went and found out he thought it was "quite fun".  Dinner was grilled chicken tostados which used up all the shells I had and the rest of the chicken tenders. We ended up with 2 chicken tenders left which I put away for Tuesday night. After dinner and baths the boys played while I worked on inputting more items on JBF. They were worn out and headed to bed pretty early.

Tuesday morning Logan was moving a little slower but wanted to walk to school so I made a deal with him if he got ready in time for us to leave early we were going to park down the street and walk. He got ready quickly and so we parked down the street and walked into the school. He had another good day and came home with a bunch of stuff I still need to fill out as well as some minor homework which we need to make sure he gets done tonight. I used the leftover chicken tenders, some frozen broccoli I had put up, some carrots from the fridge, and the last bit of noodles I purchased at the beginning of the month to make a stir fry for dinner. After dinner and baths I started cleaning out Clark's clothes. He has outgrown a lot of them and I had been putting it off but with JBF next week I needed to get it done. I sorted some for JBF this time, some will be for spring JBF, some to be traded and some went in the donation. Phillip set the donation for ARC out after I called him on Monday but it still did not get picked up. Wednesday the Leukemia society was picking up in the neighborhood so I just switched the tag and planned to put it out on Wednesday morning. The sorting took the rest of the evening so I just stacked everything to take care of the next night. Again, the boys went to bed pretty early.

Wednesday morning Logan did not want to get up. Once he was up and getting around he asked me why Kindergarten was soo long. I told him it had not been long yet, this was only the third day. We then had to discuss that it was going to be the same amount of time as pre-k had been. Every year he was going to go to school the same length of time. On the way to school he kept talking about kindergarten and then first grade and then second grade and then he was going to be a grown up and buy shirts like dada. I guess shirts make the grown up dada. After dropping off Logan I put the new book on cd in the car player and headed toward the highway. The CD would not play and I got stuck in traffic on the service road so I popped the CD out to discover that it was cracked. While still stuck in traffic I put a sticky note on the container and decided to jump off the highway. I was within an exit of the library so I just swung by their drop box and put the CD in and got a iced tea at the gas station next to the library. After this I jumped onto the highway which was still backed up, while in this traffic I sent my boss a text to let her know I would be late. Once I got up to the accident I found out why traffic was so backed up. A produce semi had not made the exit onto another highway and took out the guardrail as it turned over. This resulted in the trailer peeling back and produce dumping out all over the highway. A hazmat unit was there cleaning up the mess and a tow truck was righting the truck as I passed. I called Phillip to let him know as I had not made it into work yet and he told me he heard about it on the radio as he headed the other direction to the dealership. He has had a whining noise in the truck's ac and while it was still under warranty he wanted to get it checked out. The bonus is the dealer is by his Grandma's house and so he and Clark could visit with her. Mimi loves to spend time with the boys and Phillip's mom was off work so she visited also. My dad went downhill more after I got to work, because the morning was off kilter I forgot that I was supposed to have a telephone interview with the SNAP people to renew our benefits. They called my cell phone while I was at work and I missed the call. I called right back but was told the next interview time was September 3rd at 3:15pm. This means on the day my benefits are supposed to be loaded I will talk to them. They will probably tell me there are additional items that they need and I will have to scan in and submit. Then in probably another week I will have benefits. I broke down in tears while talking to them. Do they not realize how arbitrary this system is! I submitted the same paperwork as last time, nothing has changed in our financial status and yet I have to talk to them and jump through more hoops. The system assumes I have nothing else going on but applying for benefits. Anyway it took most of the day for me to move on from this. After getting home Logan told me about his day and Phillip gave me the family updates. Dinner was spaghetti with mushroom marinara served with garlic bread. I forgot to take anything out last night so I fixed something meatless for dinner. Baths went down after dinner and then playtime for the boys. Once I walked into Logan's room I could smell that he has wet the bed and not told us so I had to strip it and get the bedding into the wash. The boys played after baths and I worked on entering more JBF items as well as cleaning up the kitchen. The fridge needed to be cleaned out also and so I started on that. After loading the dishwasher it was time for the boys to get to bed. Clark went to sleep pretty quickly and so I used the time to finish up the JBF tags. After making up Logan's bed I went to get him out of my bed and carried him to bed. Overnight was horrible though. He woke up at 4:00am wanting chocolate milk. He came into our room and asked me. I told him to potty and then go to bed. He went to the bathroom and then came back to me, I told him to go to bed. He went to bed and started crying so I went to see what was going on. He still wanted chocolate milk. I went to get him some water which he did not want. I had to tell him if he was thirsty he could drink the water but it was 4:00 in the morning and I was not getting him chocolate milk. He still was crying in bed so I shut the door to his room. This morning I went in there and he had thrown all the stuff off the top bunk but still slept up there. He also had no memory of the situation and hugged me as soon as he woke up. He did tell me he had a bad dream about a black house with black paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment