Friday, August 14, 2015

This Week that Feels Like a Month

Monday and Tuesday were long enough on their own but then the week marched on. Wednesday started out a little closer to our current normal. I came to work while Phillip stayed home with the boys. I got a text message not very long into the morning with a picture of Clark covered in blue drool. Evidently Phillip left Logan in charge while he went outside to hang out some laundry and Clark ended up trying to eat the pool cue chalk.
Once I was finished at work I decided to try to do a return at Target on the way home since I pass one getting to the highway. After attempting to return my item and not having any success getting the item to scan even though it was one of their up and up branded items the customer service rep told me I would have to go to the store that I bought it from to do the return. I batted out there but still had a plan for Sprouts so I swung by there as again they are on the way home. Their new ad had a deal on Horizon products. They were priced in $1,$2 and $3 groupings with the promo that you would get $3 off when you purchased $10 worth. I had some coupons on these items and printed more to try to maximize my deal. After I worked out the best option I headed straight for the display.
I ended up getting 6 mac-n-cheese , 1 honey graham cracker and 1 chocolate graham cracker. Originally as you can see from the sheet I was going to get more graham crackers and some fruit snacks. The only fruit snacks this store had though were freeze dried apples and since I dehydrate I decided to skip that bundle. It got sketchy at the check out line because the cashier was new and did not know how a buy one get one free coupon works. Eventually she got it all figured out and that group of stuff ended up being $1.70.

Sprouts Trip:
~1&1/2 lbs peaches
~2lbs green grapes
6 boxes mac and cheese
2 boxes graham crackers
1 muffin

Total: $4.66 Cash

Once I got home I went with grilled hotdogs and mac-n-cheese for dinner since I forgot to set anything out or start in the crock pot. While I was cooking I heard a rustle and this is what I looked down to see.

He got really upset at me for trying to take the potato away. I went ahead washed it and put him the high chair with it.
He was soo happy and when I thought he was done he dropped it on the floor for Turbo. Turbo was not interested but when I picked it up to throw it away Clark started crying and trying to get it back. Who knew I just need to feed my child raw potatoes.
That rest went smoothlyish as I only dropped 2 buns outside getting them off the grill. Once baths were taken care of I worked on getting the boys room picked up so I could vacuum it which led to picking up all the rooms with carpet and getting them vacuumed.

Thursday morning I was going to a WIC hosted event to pick up some produce. 3 times over the summer they host an event where farmer's bring produce and you can use vouchers to purchase the fresh items. The "prices" are usually higher than even the farmer's market but it is "free" so I did not say too much. Last year I was off work after having Clark so the size of the lines was not such a big deal. This year I pulled up, looked at the line going around the building and decided not to participate. The vacation time from work would have cost me more than the produce I was going to get out of it. I decided instead to head to the Target down the street which was the one where I made my original purchases and return the items. They have a new system so she had some trouble also but took the time to fix it.

Target Return Trip:

Total: (9.95) Cash
          (2.12)SNAP
 After I left Target I went by the new QT also on my way to work for gas and a tea since in my haste to get out of the house I left part of my lunch and my beverage for the day. To save money I have been making a gallon of sweet tea at home and then bringing a thermos to work everyday and since I no longer drink it that sweet I put it over ice and water it down through the day. After this I went by the library and turned in some books that were due  and then got on the highway to come to work. As I got close to work I thought about just going by sprouts and picking up some cheap items for my lunch which would cost less than going out.
Sprouts Trip:
1 large bag chips
~1/4lb of trail mix
1 muffin

Total: $3.76

This was enough extras to have for multiple days. Once at work though Jane (my boss/work mom) treated a pizza lunch. We split a lunch special at a local amazing pizza place which was nice. During the afternoon a couple of people listed free items on my trade group that I could use for me or the family my group is collecting for this month. After leaving work I headed by to pick up the free gatorade for the boys and then some monkey grass to try and get the yard looking semi decent. The listing looked like just a little bit of monkey grass but it turned out to be enough to fill my trunk which is way more than I have a use for so I send a pm to the next person on the list who happens to live next to me so she was going to pick it up from my house. I called home and Phillip said we needed milk and then a couple of ingredients for the shampoo he wants to make. I stuck with some WIC items and something I needed with a coupon as well as some school supplies for Logan that we could not find at Target.

Albertson's Trip:
 1 gallon milk
 1 lb colby jack cheese
 1 pkg crescent rolls
 1 pkg dry erase markers
 1 dozen eggs
 1 loaf bread
 1 pkg manilla drawing paper

Total: $6.27 Cash

Once I got home I unloaded the groceries, got the items with rebates uploaded and then started on dinner. I wanted something simple and to try to use some of the toastado shells I had left so we went that route. I put the chicken on to marinate and then grilled it while I grated the cheese and shredded the lettuce. After dinner Clark got in the bath and I ask Phillip to watch him while I got Logan to help me get the wheelbarrow around front and got the monkey grass out of the trunk and separated. I put some on the porch for the other person to pick up and poured some water of it to keep it for as long as I could. The rest went around back and as much as I was trying to let Logan water everything he was drenching me and not the plants so I took care of it while he played. By the time I got inside I was hot, tired and nearly in tears. Our yard looks horrible, it has either been raining or too hot so I have not been working in the yard. I have lost several plants including my 10 year old Rosemary in the front yard which hurts me worse than anything. I went in and got Logan in the bath and then fought with Clark to get him to sleep. After he went to sleep I took a shower and just cried it all out in there. I can not neglect the yard anymore. I have to get out there even if it is just an hour early in the day or late in the evening and get as much taken care of as I can. There is just so much to get done and honestly not enough time. We will see how much I can get done this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment