Monday, March 28, 2016

Start Over or Just End

I am not sure if I want to just start this week over and hope for different results or just want it to end.

Monday morning started off rough. I drop Clark off first generally and Monday was no exception. The sitter however took 10 minutes to come to the door because she had a rough night with her little one and had fallen back asleep.  I left there and raced to get Logan to school and get on the highway to work. Work went off without any hitches and the evening started out ok. It was Phillip's birthday but he we decided to eat at home so I went with the menu plan. The kid's played while I did some house cleaning and then while Logan was in the bath I sat down with Clark. He was worn out enough that he felt asleep on my chest so I just sat there with him. Logan came back in there after his bath and about that exact moment Clark coughed so hard he threw up down the front of my shirt. Not down the front, it managed to go down the neck of my shirt and be contained completely on me. Logan was sweet and got a towel because as I stood up the vomit was running out the bottom of my pant legs. I handed Clark off to Phillip and went to get in the shower. Taking off my shirt spread the vomit to my hair and face. It did not occur to me until a coworker told me the next day, I should have just worn my clothes into the shower and rinsed off.  Everyone got to sleep after this except me as I needed to at least start a load of laundry before the smell of vomit overtook the house.

Tuesday morning's only hitch was Logan forgetting his juice at home and having to do a work around on that. Tuesday evening however was another story. I arrived home with the boys to discover that Turbo had thrown up by the back door. I was trying to get everyone settled so I could clean this up and ended up dropping Logan's cup full of apple juice.  After getting that all cleaned up and the floor mopped I started on dinner. Keeping on plan I got out all the ingredients and the leftover chicken. Easy does it, chicken nachos in the oven. While they were cooking I unloaded the dishwasher, loaded the dishes from the sink and cleaned up the counter top. I checked the nachos by pulling them out and decided a few more minutes would be good. I was going to use this "few" minutes to tell Phillip dinner was ready and grease down a couple of cast iron skillets I wanted to season. I was proud of myself for thinking of using the already hot oven for this task and thus saving some energy. This plan all ended when I went to put the nachos back in the oven and DROPPED them UPSIDE DOWN in a HOT oven. The beans immediately started cooking onto the oven. My first reaction was to cuss like a sailor which of course alerted everyone in the house that something was going on. I then cleaned up the oven the best I could with a spatula since it was still hot. I initially thought I could wipe with a sponge but burned fingers quickly ended that plan. I was soo angry by this point that while Phillip tried to entertain the kids with other pursuits I nearly cried. Then I dumped that pan of nachos out and started over. Of course Phillip was incredulous that I would start over and push dinner out even further but nachos over all do not take that long so I popped another batch into the oven. This time while they cooked I pulled the bottom drawer out of the oven, cleaned all the cast iron out of it and put it on the sink to wash after dinner. After dinner the kids got baths and then I set to cleaning up the floor where the nachos fell through the partially open oven door. I was mortified by the amount of debris and dog hair that was under the oven. It is currently as clean as it can be with kids and a dog who is shedding his winter coat.  I went ahead and started the self clean cycle on the oven knowing it would end about 1:30 in the morning which is generally about the time Clark wakes up. True to form he woke up about 34 minutes before it was set to finish so I got him back to sleep with 6 minutes to spare. I hung out for the 6 minutes, shut the timer off and unlocked the oven. I left it to clean up the next night.

Wednesday morning Logan was up and ready really early as he wanted to go get donuts. I agreed since we were out of the house a lot earlier than normal. We dropped off Clark went through the drive thru at the donut place and on to school. Logan saw his friend in the parking lot and wanted to walk in with him so we headed toward him. The closer we walked the louder the crying was becoming. Once we got to the van with his friend, the friend's twin and their cousin  I could see why there was so much crying. The friend's twin had started to run into the school and instead ran into the metal pole holding the awning up and split his forehead open. Logan's friend has a full time nurse with him but she is on vacation this week and it was the replacements first day! His twin ended up going and getting some steri-strips applied and then came back to school.

As I said, not sure if I wanted this week to end or start over.

Edit: I forgot to mention that on Sunday of this week we were almost to church before Phillip asked about the eggs for the church's egg hunt. I ended up dropping them off at church and then heading all the way home getting the eggs and going back to the church. This added an hour and a half on the road for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment