Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 2 Update From Pantry Challenge

A meal plan for week 2 was hard for me but it was truly a blessing later in the week that I had made a plan. I picked up a co-op basket on March 5th and used that with existing items to make up the plan for the week.

Clark was not feeling well on Saturday although he was a trooper on all of our errands and played outside while I planted some stuff we bought at the nursery. Sunday morning was a different ball of wax. Clark was coughing but up and going strong. I, on the other hand felt horrible and started having some of the same symptoms the boys had over the past couple of weeks. The drainage was going strong and my eye was starting to mat shut. Due to this Phillip ended up not taking the roast he had smoked to the church for potluck. As the week went on I felt increasingly worse and ended up at Care Now. I had a sinus infection, ear infection and pink eye. Once the meds were on board I have been slowly getting better. This is the reason I was glad that I had a meal plan in place and did not have to think about the meals. Above is the plan, below is what actually happened.

Sun Mar 6th: smoked roast with Crispy Parmesan Asparagus

Mon Mar 7th:  tostadas ( JBF pick up but boys did not panic this time)

Tue Mar 8th: Beef Stroganoff with leftover roast

Wed Mar 9th: Taco soup which I had put in the crock pot that morning with leftover tostada ingredients. ( no panic from the boys this night either even with me at Carenow)

Thur Mar 10th: Baked potatoes ( I had a sweet and Phillip an Idaho) with salad and Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Rolls

Fri Mar 11th:  Dinner was a disaster waiting to happen. I got started on the waffles when I got home. They did not turn out as I plugged in the waffle iron and thought I turned it on. I had turned it on but not hot enough to cook the waffles.....it has a waffle setting which I just did not use. I gave up on that and started pancakes. For some unknown reason my pan was sticking despite being seasoned and using butter. I ended up with 5 pancakes which I fed to the boys. Phillip had scrambled eggs and bacon and I ate a bowl of cereal and some bacon.

Sat Mar 12th:  I had not taken the chicken out to thaw so I went with Creamy Pasta with Asparagus and Bacon which allowed me to use up the leftover bacon from the night before.





No comments:

Post a Comment