Monday, March 14, 2016

How Has the Pantry Challenge Been Going?

How has the Pantry Challenge Been Going? In a few words......it has been tougher than I thought. Using the ingredients I have on hand has been something I have always tried to do but staying out of the grocery store has been incredibly hard for me.

I will got back to this past weekend. I made the decision to try the Pantry Challenge and took myself to Winco to get the items I knew the other people in my house could not do without.

Winco Trip:
 2 gallons whole milk
3 bottles apple juice
2 cases dr.pepper
1 case root beer
1 case gatorade
6 boxes snack cakes
1 package bottle nipples
1 box beef bouillon
2 bags fritos
2 containers nutella
1 bottle stir fry sauce
2 bottles gatorade
2 cans tomatoes
1 dublin root beer
1 pkg ham
1 pkg garlic bread sticks
2 pkgs pepperoni
3 pkg cinnamon rolls
1 bottle soy sauce
1 container gorgonzola cheese
1 pkg egg rolls
1 quart whipping cream
~1&3/4 lbs grapes
~1 lb baby spinach
1 pkg sliced swiss cheese
1 pkg crescent rolls
1 quart strawberries
~.07 lbs dried kiwi
~3/4lbs raw sugar
~.18 lb yeast
~1&1/4lbs baking soda
~1/2 lb banana chips
1 loaf sandwich bread
3 pkgs pecan rolls

Total: $86.28



More to come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment