Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 4 Finale to Pantry Challenge

This week started out cold and with me breaking the rules for a jar of jam! I owned up to that and posted a picture in the last post.  The produce I have to work with this week from the co-op is pictured below.

I knew we would not eat the guava, avacados, cilantro or onions so I put them up for trade on BBT. She was supposed to swing by today with a trade so I will see what I received in trade. Other than the slip up at Winco on Saturday I am happy with myself and the ability to cook without constantly going to the grocery store. At the end of this I am going to take a picture of the cabinets, freezer and refrigerator. Other than the lack of meat I honestly think I could go another month on a pantry challenge.

With that being said this is what this week's menu plan looks like:

Things may get shuffled around due to Phillip's birthday and meeting friends for dinner 1 night.
Here is what has actually happened:
Sun Mar 20th: leftover beef stew over steamed rice

Mon Mar 21st: I thought we might go out as it was Phillip's birthday but we stayed mostly on the plan. I baked the chicken and started some stock. This was served with the broccoli with cheese sauce and shells with white cheddar. I know it was a lot of cheese but it was Phillip's birthday and those are among his favorite sides. I also made a red velvet cake to go with it.

Tue Mar 22nd: Chicken nachos, there was much drama with this one that I have blogged about in this post.

Wed Mar 23rd: Cheesy chicken broccoli rice

Thur Mar 24th:  I meant to take a picture of the soup. It was quite yummy even if there was only a whisper of chicken in it. I used some of the stock from earlier this week with celery, carrots and garlic to start. I then added some tomatoes and black beans because tortilla/southwest soup sounded good to me and because I thought this would bulk it up and disguise the thin amount of meat. I added the chicken near the end since it was already cooked and then right at the last minute added spinach. I topped mine with some shredded cheese. 

Fri Mar 25th: We had pigs in a blanket with green beans 

Sat Mar 26th: Way off course for this one.....we had spaghetti. 



No comments:

Post a Comment