Sunday, August 18, 2013

Trying to avoid the grocery store

Trying to avoid the grocery store is easier said than done. I called home on my way home from work on Thursday and asked if we needed anything before I made it home and was asked to stop for some yogurt. It ended up being a pleasant surprise. I picked up a package of spinach that was marked down as well as some organic baby romaine that was also marked down. Bananas,yogurt and some ink pens rounded out the bill. I had a coupon on the ink pens which gave me money back on them and a $3 off purchase catalina that had printed previously. When I checked out though the cashier told me that I would get $.54 back. I thought she was mistaken but it turns out that Kroger had refunded the amount of the receipt from my complaint onto my card and so I walked out with the groceries and $.54. I did end up going back tonight to pick up some milk, bananas, bread ( I could not remember if I had some in the freezer, I did), some flank steak that had marked down and some biscuits I had a coupon on. The total for tonight was $13.27 and so the new totals are below.

August totals: $146.08-$.54+$13.27= $158.81

No comments:

Post a Comment