Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The weekend has come and gone again

I feel like this could be a revolving post that I put out every Monday morning. I overcommitted this weekend and had a to do list that was way to long and did not get it all done. Logan stayed up to late on Friday night so we missed the books in the garden event in the morning but that is ok. We cleaned up some around the house and then had lunch with Grandma to us, Mimi to Logan. It was a nice visit and I am glad that Logan is able to get to know his great grandmother and spend some time with her. After we came home I dropped him with his dada and headed to Target to finish the monthly grocery shopping. I had made the mistake of trying to do the shopping on Friday night with him in tow, lesson learned. When he was younger, heck until a few weeks ago he was easily entertained in the store and actually enjoyed going with me but now he has turned into a wanting, grabbing, not listening tiny human who I stress over. Grocery shopping done on Saturday night and then on to more cleaning and getting ready for Sunday. Church on Sunday morning, potluck after, home for quick naps and some more trying to clean up the house and then on to a local minor league baseball game. Our local team is really great for the kids. The field is small and you get to sit close to the field, the prices are fantastic and the players chat with the kids. After the game the kids are allowed on the field to run the bases, my child made us all laugh. He did not understand the base running and has never been one to follow the crowd so he headed out to run the perimeter of the field. He was giving players 5 and running his little heart out. Finally after making it nearly to the home team bullpen a player stopped him to give him a ball and this allowed Phillip to catch up with him. They then went to run the bases properly. The ball was the highlight of his night though, he was happy with his "spaceball".

The menu over the weekend looked like:

Friday: I made spaghetti using left over meatloaf muffins that I ground back up as the meat.
Saturday: I made ranch pork chops in the crockpot which we had with leftover baked beans
Sunday: Grilled cheese sandwiches after the game since we had a big lunch at the church's potluck


I am right at $100 for the month's groceries and should be able to maintain close to that total.  The precise amounts will be up after I go home and get the total off my Target receipt. There will be 2 more co-ops this month for fruits and veggies and a couple more trips for milk where I will need to watch myself and the clearance section.

As far as becoming debt free a big leap was made in that direction, we terminated our cable as of Saturday the 3rd of August. This put my bill with AT&T down from $142.00 a month to $46.00, since we are keeping our internet connected. I will be able to use this money toward paying off one of my student loans this year. This will be another small weight off my shoulders and will make it easier to put a little more money into our savings account for emergencies as well as for a vacation. The goal after that will be my larger student loan which is going to be a more long term goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment