Monday, July 25, 2016

Last Week of July

Last week I was lacking resolve or ambition or even energy. I never made a meal plan and really just spent all week winging it from one night to the next. This week I am going to get back on track.


Plan:

What actually happened:


Sun Jul 24th: Pizza

Mon Jul 25th:
lunch- peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a peach and chips
dinner- Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta, I edited the recipe to match what I had on hand which meant halving it and not using spinach. I also added chicken for a bit of protein and used tomatoes with chilies that I had left over instead of just plain tomatoes. This allowed me to use up some cream cheese I had,  all the leftover pasta noodles I had from stroganoff, the half can of tomatoes with chilies.  Since the chicken was already cooked I chopped it up and added it at the last step. It was just ok, not the best but also not the worst thing I have ever made.

Tue Jul 26th:
lunch- peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a peach, chips and a Reese's peanut butter cup
dinner- I made a chicken pot pie using up some more of the leftover chicken, frozen mixed vegetables and a can of cream of mushroom soup. I covered it with crescent rolls that I  just rolled out. It was tasty as usual.

Wed Jul 27th:
lunch-peanut butter and jelly sandwich with peach, chips and strawberries
dinner- Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork Chops, served with rice and cinnamon apples. This recipe allowed me to use up some produce I had on hand as I fresh squeezed the orange and lime juices as well as made the cinnamon apples from scratch.  I put the pork chops in the crock pot so I did not pre-marinate them.  A couple of small changes on the marinade.....I used fresh mint from my yard so I did not go with 1/4 cup. Mint is strong and I did not want it to overpower the meat. I also only had 7 cloves of garlic left on a head so I went with that instead of the 8 it called for.  It was ok, not something I would put in the regular rotation. 

Thur Jul 28th:
lunch- peanut butter and jelly sandwich with plum, strawberries and chips
dinner- grilled flanken ribs, garlic ranch potatoes and a salad. I am going to add the blog Damn Delicious to my follow list. Pretty much every recipe I have made from the page has been amazing. I think it was the last minute butter that put it over the top. I did use white Idaho potatoes as that is what I had on hand. I cubed them rather than just halving and they still turned out amazing. 

Fri Jul 29th:
lunch- eating out with former coworker and current one!
dinner-fish sticks with green beans

Sat Jul 30th: tostadas with refried black beans and fajita grilled chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment