Monday, July 18, 2016

3rd Week of July Menu Plan

Getting all the yard work done is wearing me out, it is also pushing us into "quicker" meals so I hope to be done by the end of the summer and then I can go into just maintenance mode.






Sun Jul 17th: pancakes and eggs, always a favorite at our house.

Mon Jul 18th:
lunch- peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a plum
dinner- I reworked this recipe for Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole from the Jo Cooks blog. I had the filling leftover from the Pulled Pork Enchilada dinner so I went ahead and mixed that with some leftover refried beans from the same meal and the rice. I halved the recipe to match the ingredients I had on hand and it was still just as yummy. It was a win win for me as I used up a lot of leftovers and had none leftover from this meal.

Tue Jul 19th:
lunch- peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some strawberries
dinner-boss/ work mom went out to Rosa's with us for Clark's birthday.

Wed Jul 20th:
lunch- friend is treating lunch out today
dinner- grilled ribs with green beans

Thur Jul 21st:
lunch- free Chipotle with coupons!
dinner- I had a second free kids meal which I took home and turned into nachos

Fri Jul 22nd:
lunch- out with coworkers
dinner-I was still craving nachos so I went home and made queso with all the velveeta I had left. I also wanted to use up the leftover grilled ribs so I cut the meat off the bone and used it to make strogonoff.

Sat Jul 23rd: I picked up a Rotisserie chicken while I was out, that was served with a salad, french bread and corn on the cob

No comments:

Post a Comment