Tuesday, July 12, 2016

2nd Week of July Menu Plan

Some weeks these are hard to make up. I just lack inspiration or can not see a meal in the ingredients I have. This was one of those weeks. After having to clean out the cabinets I had decided to try to use up some of that stuff and limit purchases from the grocery store. I have a bunch of staples and a freezer full and I was still having a hard time thinking of a week of dinners. This is what we have ended up with.


Sun Jul 10th: I had a zucchini someone at church passed on from their garden but an end of it was bad. I went ahead and cut up the good portion and browned it with some diced onion in olive oil. I then put in all the mushrooms I had left from the co-op basket and sweated it all down. Once that was done I added it to the leftover spaghetti noodles I had on hand from the Chicken Parmesan Casserole meal. I mixed this all with some Spinach, Parmesan marinara sauce and then topped with all the shredded mozzarella I had left. It was my version of a heartier baked spaghetti

Mon Jul 11th:
lunch- (forgot my bread at home) ate out with coworker
dinner-  steak quesadillas were a quick and tasty dinner. I cut up the leftover steak and rib meat into bite sized bits, threw a tortilla on my griddle pan, covered in meat and shredded cheese. A second tortilla and a couple of flips and dinner was served. I had enough leftover steak for 4 quesadillas.

Tue Jul 12th:
lunch- coworker forgot her lunch so I went out to eat with her....I lack willpower sometimes.
dinner- We ended up not going to Taco Tuesday so I moved Thursday's meal up to Tuesday. We had fish sticks and yellow rice which Logan LOVES.

Wed Jul 13th:
lunch- out with former coworkers after being out all morning at the doctor
dinner- I had put a pork butt in the slow cooker following the seasoning from this recipe from memory. The proportions were not the same as I did not measure but it still turned out amazing. I served this with black beans and this recipe for potatoes. I am sure my potatoes were not small enough for this application but they were also just not good. The center of the potatoes were flavorless and my house still smells like I burned dinner in it even though it has been over 12 hours since dinner. 

Thur Jul 14th:
lunch- post office run and fast food
dinner- frozen pizza

Fri Jul 15th:
lunch- lunch out with former and current coworkers
dinner- Pulled Pork Enchiladas, I halved the recipe and still had left over filling to use in another meal. These were really good and something I will make again. I used the leftover pork from earlier in the week. 

Sat Jul 16th:  Phillip requested  grilled hot dogs so that is what we had

No comments:

Post a Comment