Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Books from Dec 22nd Through Jan 7th

Over the Holiday Break I did not listen to or read a lot of books. I used the time to get caught up on projects at the house which did not happen and to visit with family and friends. With that being said here are the ones I completed and started.

In the realm of audio books I managed to finish The Road to Character which I do not recommend. I did learn about some people in history that I did not know about previously. The book however was disjointed and I am not sure what it was trying to convince me to do. After finishing up on this book I started listening to Stranger than Fiction which again I do not recommend. It had some spots that made me laugh but not enough to ask someone to commit 5 hours of their life to it. I finished it while cleaning the boys room and went on to start Tuesday's with Morrie. I do not think Tuesday's is the best book ever written but I did find nuggets of wisdom in it and really ugly cried on the way to work this morning when Morrie passed away. Because I finished this one this morning I have downloaded a new book but have not started listening to it yet. Next on the list is Why Not Me? which should be a quick listen.

Print books numbered about the same as some of them were already partially finished on my currently reading list.  I managed to finish How to be Idle and really appreciate the information and point of view presented in the book. I really do think we need to slow down and appreciate life. Once that one was finished I polished off Start Your Own Blogging Business because it was on my list and I wanted it to go away. It really did not have any of the information I needed in it as I am not trying to make this my full time job. After that I picked up The Wildlife-Friendly Vegetable Gardener. I really like this one but it was due and so I turned it in and requested it again.  While I wait on this one from the library I am reading The Girls Who Went Away which has also been on my currently reading list for a long time. It is a sad look at our past here in the US and the way pregnant unmarried girls were treated mainly in the 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment