Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Long Weekend With a lot Worked On

It was a 3 day weekend for the boys and I which was super nice although dada had to work so not nice for him. Friday night was a mad scramble since I was hosting an event on Saturday to put together bags for the homeless. I wanted the house to look as put together as it could with the 2 mess makers still in residence. After picking up the boys from the sitter I buckled and went through the drive through for dinner. Logan started to whine that he wanted to go inside not through the drive thru and I nearly lost it. Given the option of eating Rosa's at home or not eating Rosa's at all he came around to getting drive thru. Once home we had dinner, got baths early and I started cleaning up as much as I could. It really involved cleaning the floors and making sure no obvious messes were visible. Saturday was semi easy going as I worked on laundry, the floors again and getting the stuff together for the event. I really did not stress too much that my craft projects were still on the table waiting to be completed, I have got past that in self judgement. After everyone left I cleaned up from the event and sat on the couch for a little bit. Then it was time for dinner and baths. Sunday was church and a treat of lunch with Phillip's mom and grandma. I try to let the boys spend as much time as possible with their great grandmother while she is able. Once we got home I piddled around the house working on cleaning out my closet and organizing it. My half looks great and Phillip's a bit sketchy. I have long since given up cleaning out his stuff for him, he will have to sort his own items and let me know what he wants to part with. Monday was pretty relaxing which was just what I needed. The boys and I hung out in our jammies for most of the morning while Logan played his x-box and Clark "helped" me do some more laundry and clean up. He was pretty worn out early so he went down for a nap and I worked on their bedroom. Once he woke up we headed out for errands which involved Target for diapers and bath stuff for them and then a treat of McDonalds for them. I completed a couple of trades and then we came home. While Clark was down for a nap I had put dinner in the slow cooker ( the people at CrockPot are trying to keep their brand from becoming the common term).  Phillip was already home when we got back so we had dinner and baths pretty quick. Clark went down early and so I finished cleaning our bathroom and putting up the laundry before sitting down with Logan so we could snuggle before he went to bed. We were going to read but he wanted to watch a youtube video instead so I just read while he snuggled and watched on his phone.


Target trip:

Case of diapers
Baby bath soap

Total: $19.07

Grand Total:   $156.48


Jan 15th: Rosa's Cafe

Jan 16th: Ro-tel dip

Jan 17th: grilled Flanken style ribs, black beans and corn on the cob from the freezer

Jan 18th: Traditional Tejano Carne Guisada which allowed me to use up some leftover flour tortillas from the 15th, the leftover black beans and some beef stew meat that was in the freezer. I worry about using stew meat because while cheap it can be tough. The cheap is always good on my budget but the tough makes dinner unbearable. This recipe was good and with a couple of tweaks will be amazing. The meat was tender so that is not an issue but it was also a bit salty and heavy on the cumin. I will cut the salt completely next time and lessen the amount of cumin I use and I think it will work better for us. If it was not already apparent we ate the meat as taco filling with black beans, shredded cheese, lettuce and sour cream. 2 tacos were filling enough that I did not want to eat any of the leftover queso (ro-tel) dip that I had pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment