Friday, January 15, 2016

Once Again Hit the Inspiration Wall

I was on a great roll with using up leftovers and then the inspiration just evaporated. I fell back on old boring stand bys and using up stuff that was in the back of the cabinet. I did try something new a couple of nights ago and it was a flop.

The line up looked like:

Jan 6th: We had the chicken legs I had in the crockpot. The aluminum foil in the bottom did turn out to be a good idea. I served these with baked potatoes.

Jan 7th: I ended up making pot pie with the leftover chicken legs, some frozen corn and carrots that I had put up this summer, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of seamless crescent rolls.

Jan 8th: Pigs in a blanket with wild rice

Jan 9th: The kids and I were out running errands so we picked up a pizza

Jan 10th: Pancakes!!!! I fixed some regular and some with mashed up bananas in them. I personally liked the banana pancakes but Logan and his dada were not huge fans.

Jan 11th: Hamburger helper that made me realize why I quit buying the stuff.

Jan 12th: I grilled pork chops which I had marinated in Zesty Italian dressing and made garlic bread. My mind was not really on dinner and I was getting ready to serve it when I realized there were no veggies. I just gave the tiny one some blueberries with his dinner and rolled with it.

Jan 13th: This was the night I decided to really cook for my family, something the honey would like. He likes meatballs and Salisbury steak so I thought this Salisbury Steak Meatball recipe would be a winner. It was really, really bad. I originally thought it was just me who did not like it as I am not a fan of meatballs or Salisbury steak but it turns out no one in the house liked it. I quickly filed this one on my pinned foods we did not like board on pinterest.

Jan 14th:  I fell back on stir fry with the one leftover grilled pork chop that I did not want to waste. I   used up some carrots, leftover corn, and broccoli as well as the pork chop sliced small and the last of the stir fry noodles I had on hand. I topped it with some Teriyaki sauce and voila dinner was served.

I honestly have no idea for dinner tonight and hope something comes to me soon. There are going to be a bunch of people at my house tomorrow to make bags for the homeless and I need to do some more cleaning before they arrive.

As for my grocery totals I am off track....Here are the newest receipts:

Winco on Jan 6th:

~2lbs bananas
2 pkgs diapers
1 bag chips
1 can refried beans
1 can cinnamon rolls
1 can biscuits
5 bags clearance candy
( I should have stayed away from everything but I needed the diapers)
Total: $19.73

Winco on Jan 7th:
2 cans crescent rolls
1 pkg corn tortillas
1 box honey buns
Total: $5.14

Winco on Jan 9th:
1 box honey buns
2 gallons  milk
1 pkg diapers
1 6-pack apple juice
~1/2lb sliced ham lunch meat
4 pkgs pecan rolls
3 pkgs pudding cups
~1lb  salami
Total: $25.12

Grand Total :  $49.99
So as you can see I spent more than the $12.59 I had available for the week. I really need to make sure I have cash on me and pretend I do not have a debit card. I spent the $12.59 plus the $25 for the following week and $12.40 for the next week.

My total for the month is $137.41 so I have $62.60 left for the month with 2 weeks to go. I can redeem myself still and hope that I do! I also hope I get better about dinner for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment