Thursday, January 14, 2016

Books from Jan 8th Through Jan 14th

Typing has been painful as I burned the tip of my finger cooking. Per instructions I am working to not pop the blister and just letting it heal on its own. Even with this injury though I wanted to get a post finished with the books I have listened to/read recently.

Since the last post I did finish Why Not Me which honestly I did find funny in spots but made me really not like the author. I know parts of it were tongue in cheek and an attempt at humor but I found her pretentious and self absorbed. As soon as I finished listening to it I started a book I ended up loving. Notorious RBG was a really great book. I was not aware of a ton of information that was in this book and did enjoy the way it was presented. I am now a RBG fan. Notorious was a quick listen and I immediately went into Kicking and Dreaming which is a history of Ann and Nancy Wilson read by them. It has been really enjoyable so far and I can not wait to finish it.

 In the realm of print I am still reading the same 2 books as the last post. The Wildlife Friendly Vegetable Gardener became available again at the library so I checked it back out and have been reading a little each evening while the kids are in the bath. This book has some good information in it and I really love the illustrations. This may be one I purchase to keep for further reference. I am also reading The Girls Who Went Away on my lunch break. It makes me sad to hear first hand accounts of this point in our history. We have always been a judgmental nation even while saying we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment