Thursday, January 21, 2016

2 More Stops at the Store...Hoping for No More

I can not even tell you why I stopped at the grocery store on the 19th, we did not "need" anything. I am beginning to think I was going through withdrawal.

Winco Trip (19th):
1 box honey buns
4 Terry's chocolate oranges (clearance rack)
1 can baked beans
~1/2 lb black forest ham sliced lunch meat
1 package slice turkey lunch meat

Total: $7.08

Last night I did run by Sprouts because of their produce sale

Sprouts Trip:
1 pint blackberries
3 pints blueberries
~1&1/2 lbs   pink lady apples
1 pint raspberries
~1/2lb yellow onion
1 container Greek yogurt
~1/4lb pistachios
~1/16lb raisins
3 muffins

Total: $14.95

 Grand Total: $178.51

I did receive a $20 rebate check yesterday from one of the app I use. I have chose to put the $20 somewhere else in my budget rather than back in the grocery fund.

Jan 19th: Baked Corn Dogs, the last time I made these I did not use a box mix cornbread and they held up better. I had received some jiffy in a trade so I decided to use it and I am not sure if that was the issue or we should have allowed them to cool more. They fell apart but still tasted good. Served with baked beans.

Jan 20th: The boys voted for grilled cheese or girl cheese as Logan thought they were called so that is what we had.

I bought all the blueberries because Clark really likes them. I threw in some raspberries this time thinking he would like them also but he would not even try them. I even mixed them in with his blueberries but he picked them out and lined them up on his tray and would not eat them. Rather than waste them as they are not my favorite either I put them on to dehydrate last night. This morning I put them up to use in baking or granola. I tried one and it was not horrible, because I tried it Clark decided to but after a little bit in his mouth he spit it out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment