Friday, January 29, 2016

Finishing up the Month of January

I will need to hold out a little longer on that end of the month post. I visited Sprouts on Wednesday because of an amazing sale they were having but need to locate my receipt to put the stuff on here.  I will go ahead and catch you up on our dinner menu.

Jan 21st: I really wanted tacos for some reason but went with tostadas since I had some shells. I heated up leftover refried beans, the rest of the carne guisada, and the queso I had made. Shredded some cheese, got out the end of the sour cream and most of the lettuce we had left and dinner was served. I made my tostadas with the shredded cheese and had queso with chips but Phillip made the choice to just put the queso on his tostada.

Jan 22nd: Baked Eggplant Parmesan served with toasted garlic bread made from a loaf of french bread.

Jan 23rd:  I cooked pork chops in the crock pot but put them on high rather than longer on low so they were a little dry. I did serve this with the last of the wild rice I got in trade and garlic bread.

Jan 24th: I did not fix dinner because we had a really late lunch. We just had a snack before getting ready for bed.

Jan 25th: Spaghetti

Jan 26th: I put dried but soaked pinto beans in the crock pot with a bit of salt and served that for dinner with cornbread muffins. The muffins were made from the last box of jiffy I got in a  trade.

Jan 27th: I made the chili.  I used the leftover beans and the leftover spaghetti sauce I had. I do not make my spaghetti sauce with a lot of Italian seasoning so spicing the chili was sufficient to cover up the fact I was using it. I did add a can of tomato sauce and spices also.

Jan 28th:  I heated up the last of the chili and we had that over tortilla chips and topped with some shredded cheese. I originally wanted to served Frito pies but discovered I only had one snack size bag of Fritos left at the house so we went with the tortilla chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment