Monday, January 9, 2017

Books Jan 1st Through 9th!

This is a post I have missed most! I did not complete my goals last year of reading all of the books on my currently reading list. I finished the year with 9 books left on it which considering it started with 41 and I read almost 200 new books and a few repeats I am granting myself some grace. I however will finish off the list this year and have already knocked 2 more out this weekend.


I started the year off listening to Sully, which of course the movie is based off of. I really liked this book even though it does not follow a strict time progression and occasionally repeats itself.
After finishing that one I started listening to My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg which involves a time commitment. It is not a life story as much as a collection of essays and papers she has written over the course of her career. In some places it is tedious but over all I like it. Currently I am a smidge shy of being half way through it.

As for kindle books I have read 2 new ones this year and really wished I had skipped them. They are part of a series by author T.S.Joyce and I am not sure how they ever were published. The stories are shallow and the dialogue is forced and honestly silly. I read them as I had purchased them and my OCD would not let me stop. If you see either Gentry or Roman by this author skip the purchase.

Print books during this time include the completion of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies and Why which had been on my currently reading list since 2011. I felt like I needed to finish it! The book did not get great reviews and while it is not my favorite or the best thing ever I did not think it was bad. It was just an informational book but really needed more in the way of tips. After finishing that one I jumped into another one that I had been hanging on my list since 2014, Feasting on Asphalt by Alton Brown. This is a good book with a lot of good recipes and I am sad that it took me soo long to read it. Once it was completed I started on another book that was not already on my list but I had checked out from the library and it is due back next week. It is turning into a pretty quick read and I am really hoping to have it finished before it is due. The newest book is I Wish My Teacher Knew: How One Question Can Change Everything for Our Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment