Monday, January 9, 2017

Meals for the Second Week of the New Year


This week I actually made up a menu plan which was difficult as I am out of the habit.

Sun Jan 8th:
Lunch: potluck at church. I took Banana Nutella Bread which is always yummy and helps me use up the ends of the Nutella jars Logan goes through and soft bananas. I also took Bacon Pea Salad which used up the extra bacon I made from last week as well as the rest of the bag of frozen peas.

Dinner:  Grilled Cheese and Kettle Chips

Mon Jan 9th:
Breakfast: Some of the leftover Banana Nutella Bread
Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup and some fresh pineapple
Dinner: Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Drumsticks  from the blog Yellow Bliss Road with steamed rice. I did skip the red pepper flakes and cut the salt since it called for soy sauce.
After the crock pot I put them in the oven on broil to crisp the skin and thicken the sauce.

This one was a big hit at the house. Clark kept asking for more chicken and when I was cleaning up after dinner he ate all the rice left in the pot.


Tue Jan 10th:
Breakfast: Sausage and Cheese Kaloche and a chocolate coconut donut as a special breakfast for back to school. Logan requested since it was his first day back from Christmas break.
Lunch: Met a former coworker at her house for lunch. She made us salad, baked sweet potatoes and sliced cheese as well as chocolate chip cookies.
Dinner:Stir fry using some of the leftover chicken


Wed Jan11th:
Breakfast: Finished off the rest of the Banana Nutella Bread
Lunch:Wendy's 4 for $4 as I had some errands to run on lunch.
Dinner: We went off meal plan last night and I have no picture. The tiny one requested dog dogs (hot dogs) so we had pigs in a blanket with steamed corn.

Thur Jan 12th:
Breakfast: cereal in my nifty too go container. It was one of the better fund raiser purchases I have made. You can freeze the bottom portion so that it keeps your milk cold and then just attach it to the cereal cup for transport.
Lunch: The rest of the Taco Soup, some pineapple, a cutie and the rest of a snack bag of chips.
Dinner: moved Wednesday's menu item to tonight. We had Cajun Chicken Alfredo from Tastes Better From Scratch which was ok this time. I think I cut the chicken up too fine.

Fri Jan13th:
Breakfast: donuts and kaloches on the way to Logan's dr appt.
Lunch: Chick-Fil-A 4 piece kids meal on the way in to work after dropping Logan off.
Dinner: Brinner! Bacon, fried and scrambled eggs and pancakes.


Sat Jan14th:
It was a running day that ended with us eating at IHOP for a really late lunch, early dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment