Monday, January 23, 2017

Meals for the Fourth Week of January

Menu plan completed for this week! Let's see how close we stick to this.

Sun Jan 22nd:
Dinner: grilled cheese at Logan's request

Mon Jan 23rd:
Breakfast: bagel brought by coworker because it is her last day
Lunch: frozen dinner with fresh fruit and some salsa also for the coworker's last day.
Dinner:Pinto beans and Cornbread!

Tue Jan 24th:
Breakfast: biscuit
Lunch:frozen dinner and an apple
Dinner: Taco Soup which enabled me to use up some leftover taco meat, black beans and pinto beans.


Wed Jan 25th:
Breakfast: donut and sausage/cheese kaloche
Lunch: leftover taco soup and a bag of chips
Dinner:  The title of the recipe is Grilled Cuban Flank Steak  from Kalyn's Kitchen but I put it in the crock pot. It always turns out great this way and I do not have to worry about grilling when I get home. I did sub paprika for the cumin as I could not get the jar with the cumin in it open.  It worked out as the steak tasted amazing and even the tiny one kept asking for more. The only issue is now I do not have enough leftover for street tacos. Served with mashed sweet potatoes.

Thur Jan 26th:
Breakfast: biscuit
Lunch:treated to Wendy's by a former coworker
Dinner:soft tacos although I ended up picking up some fajita meat when I stopped at the grocery store to get my prescription.

Fri Jan 27th:
Breakfast: donut
Lunch: Gyro out with former coworkers
Dinner: Frozen pizza

Sat Jan 28th:
Dinner: Sweet Potato Turkey Shepherd's Pie from Skinny Taste. I used ground beef because that is what I had on hand. I also did not use parsnip or put in multiple pans, other than these tweaks I followed the recipe.
Took the picture after I took my serving out




No comments:

Post a Comment