Monday, January 9, 2017

Meals The First Week of the New Year!!!

I was out of the habit of making a meal plan so the first week of the new year involved winging it! I am not including my lunches for this week as I do not remember what I brought each day.


Sun Jan 1st:
Stir Fry using a single steak we had on hand served with steamed rice


Mon Jan 2nd:
Smoked Sausage, black beans and Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots. We did not like the carrots, there just was not enough butter or garlic for the quantity of carrots the recipe calls for.

Tues Jan 3rd:
White Beans with Spinach and Sausage which enabled me to use up the smoked sausage from the night before.





Wed Jan 4th:
One Pan Pasta with Bacon and Peas which was incredibly creamy and tasty. I fried up a package of bacon to use in this recipe. I reserved some for another recipe and the boys all snacked on it while I was cooking it.

Thurs Jan 5th:
Worn out being creative and so made a frozen pepperoni pizza

Fri Jan 6th:
A "snow" storm came through town so work let us off early! I used the evening to make soft tacos!

Sat Jan 7th:
I used the leftovers from taco night as well as some canned beans to make taco soup for dinner on this really cold night.


No comments:

Post a Comment