Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Menu So Far This Week

Saturday was a little spastic. The boys and I went to the library for our weekly trip. Clark fell asleep on the way and slept for 3 hours total, it was out of the ordinary but guessing he needed it. Once we were home from the library Logan and Phillip left to go get their hair cut and I worked on the house some. I made a batch of rice crispy treats and a batch using Trix. Once the boys were home we got ready and went to a friend's house warming party. I took the treats I made earlier in the day and we had a great dinner of brisket and sides there. It was nice to see a lot of people we know but do not normally see outside of the workplace. Logan had a great time with the other boys on the trampoline. We made it home fairly early so the boys got baths and then Logan started work cleaning his room. I put Clark down to sleep and I went back to work on my closet. I had cleaned everything out of it earlier in the day and I needed to purge and put back the stuff I am going to keep. Sometime in here Logan put himself to bed, it got quite and I went to check on him only to see he was asleep. This quite time  cleaning enabled me to nearly finish listening to my book. The cleaning was put on hold when I was just too tired to finish.

Sunday we went to church, had lunch with friends and then home. The tiny one took a small nap and Logan played in his room. I was able to finish the closet project. The purge took out 4 pairs of shoes and between 1/3 to 2/3 of my clothes. These were sorted for some yard clothes, some to donate and a bunch to post in my trade group. That project is still in the future since it is a large number of items. During this final stretch of clean up I was able to finish the book I was listening to and download another but I did not start that one yet.  Logan requested pancakes for dinner and he helped me make them. It was nice to have an extra set of eyes and hands on the pancakes while I cooked the bacon. Dinner was simple but delicious!

Yesterday I left work a little later than normal and sprinted by the grocery store. I keep vowing to not go by again as it is wrecking my totals for the month but I needed some bread and vinegar. While there I found some formula on the clearance rack and after coupons and a rebate check it was $1.99 which I absolutely could not pass up. Left the grocery store and completed a trade for more formula. I was able to trade 1 roll of toilet paper for another container of formula. It dawned on me yesterday that I only have 2 more months of making sure he has enough formula for the month! No formula will be amazing for the budget. By the time I made it home the boys were starving so I used some refried beans, some of the leftover fajita chicken over the top of tortilla chips and grated cheese over the top of that. I put that in the oven to warm and melt the cheese while I reheated some leftover "taco" rice I had. This was super quick, yummy and easy to clean up. After bath time and some electronics time for Logan we read a couple of books and then I wrestled with the tiny one trying to get him to bed.

Tonight I am planning on using the rest of the fajita chicken, the leftover macaroni and cheese and some steamed broccoli in a casserole for dinner. We will see if something else comes up but I think this will be dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment