Saturday, May 16, 2015

Walk in the Neighborhood and Sleepless Nights

Last night it was a little humid but not nearly as hot as usual for this time of the year so I grabbed the boys and we went for a walk. I felt a need to walk when I got home from work and the boys always love to get out. Logan right away yelled hello neighbor and ran over to give one of the neighbors a hug. After a couple of laps around the block we noticed a cardinal trapped in a net. The house at the end of our street has put up some plastic mesh over their garden to keep the birds out and this cardinal got stuck on the outside of the fence in the mesh so we had to rescue him. Logan was the traffic lookout and I went on the lawn to take care of the bird. It took some work as he was scared and scared of me but we got him out and he immediately flew into a nearby tree. Once home Logan got some chalk and drew on the driveway and I worked at keeping Clark from eating leaves.

Dinner was Logan's request as Phillip and I just were not hungry. He wanted Mac and Cheese so I just made a pot of homemade mac and cheese. Nothing fancy but it took care of dinner. Both kids were sleepy and gave me almost no trouble going to sleep. That ended quickly when we had a bed wetting incident and then the tiny one refused to sleep all night.

Needless to say I am pretty grumpy today as I would have liked to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment