Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lists and Lists of Things to Do

I have OCD which is not always obvious but does has it's hands in every area of my life. It is usually evident when you see my endless lists with more items than I can ever get done. Here are my lists from this past weekend which started out getting accomplished and then it fell off.....






I am getting ready to start on the lists for this weekend and my budget for next month. Post results later.
 Meals this week have been hectic. Tuesday I was back at work and Logan had portfolio night at school. Phillip picked them up from the sitter, fed them and then headed to the school. I raced to the school and caught up with them just as they walked in. It was great to see Logan's progress over the year and he was excited to tell us about all his art work. Once home I fed the tiny one some more baby food mixed with cereal and I had a bagel with cream cheese for dinner.

Last night I tried Alton Brown's Pan Seared Steak with one of the gifted steaks I have left. I served that with baked potatoes that were also gifted and a green salad. I have been determined to perfect steak one day and while this was a step in the right direction it was still a little rare close to the bone. This is an issue that I run into every time, mainly because I am so afraid of overcooking it. This time I followed the directions on the recipe exactly and it still was a little rare. The flavor was great but I need to figure out how to get it medium instead of rare without overcooking the outside.

It was pretty much the same routine after dinner except the tiny one would not go to sleep! He went to sleep an hour later than normal and woke up from 2am-4am overnight. The lack of sleep will catch up with me this afternoon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment