Thursday, May 21, 2015

Frustration With Appliances

I know I have said this more than once but having items that should last break is beyond frustrating to me. All of the appliances we have purchased for our home should last a whole lot longer than they are and it is really angering me. Last night I went out to use the grill for a few hot dogs and the ignition button broke off. How can a button that is pushed once to light the grill when I am actually using the grill break? Phillip looked back and the grill was purchased 1 year ago on Tuesday, the day before the button broke! A grill which we paid a decent amount for and bought the commercial version should last longer than 1 year!


That rant will come back up I am sure considering how many of our appliances Phillip is having to fix lately. Last night on the way home I swung into the thrift store just for a peek around and found this
I have really wanted this book for a long time and just could not afford to pay what they were selling for. This copy is in like new condition other than that green smudge on the dust jacket. It makes me happy and so I am considering this my birthday present to myself.

Logan wanted hotdogs when I got home and was peering in the freezer. I know he has put in a lot of requests lately but hey if he will eat it and we have the stuff to make it why not. I ended up using my grill pan on the stovetop with a lid on it to keep in some steam. The side was corn and Logan had a leftover pancake. It was again not the best dinner I have ever had but it was easy and super inexpensive.

Baths and playtime were in order after dinner. Logan and I have been standing in the hall kicking a ball back and forth to each other the last couple of nights. He enjoys it and Clark usually giggles while we play but last night he decided to crawl back and forth between us. It was not too much longer before Clark went to bed and Logan chose a book to read. We read Stone Soup last night which I remember from when I was a kid. It is always nice to tell him about when I was little which he finds funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment